IOM Post Office Profits down 66 percent

HiVibes

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I seen to remember letters to Santa stuck in a post office box were free?

My 3 got replies - from Santa* via all sorts of websites (Santa is/ was  a tech Guru - He had speed of light travel done before it had even been a thing) Back in the early 50s

* It may have been my partner at the time?

Doesn't sound like communication was optimum in your household.

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

That was what I was saying.

I am not sure who actually replied to my 3's letters to Santa.

For all I know it could have been you wife mate, I did put it about a bit back in the day.,

Anything's possible, but I doubt it because she's rather selective. If by any chance it was though, you certainly wouldn't have forgotten.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, McCallig said:

Bargain.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 20.11.32.png

They’ve over egged all of this now. Many collectors can’t be bothered anymore with being ripped off by IOM Post for overpriced limited editions

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@Cueey Lewis And The News

This table from Evri's own website is interesting especially the weaselly words at the bottom...

image.thumb.png.66cbbe51336df33271fc4d3808e0478f.png

To me it’s more service than cost. As I’m still waiting for over 3 weeks now for a Royal Mail guaranteed 48 hour package to be delivered from the UK I will still use Evri or DHL every time out of preference. Our postal service is a joke.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

To me it’s more service than cost. As I’m still waiting for over 3 weeks now for a Royal Mail guaranteed 48 hour package to be delivered from the UK I will still use Evri or DHL every time out of preference. Our postal service is a joke.

Has it reached IoM or is it still with UK Royal Mail? What does the tracking actually say ( and what does it really mean ).

Evri youve a high chance of misdelivery, or non delivery.

DHL comes at a very real cost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Stu
What percentage of mail is being flown to/from the Island on scheduled services?

Andy, for all I know you could be a competitor seeking a commercial advantage, so you’ll understand that I can’t give specifics.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Has it reached IoM or is it still with UK Royal Mail? What does the tracking actually say ( and what does it really mean ).

Evri youve a high chance of misdelivery, or non delivery.

DHL comes at a very real cost.

Tracking says it’s been in Warrington since the 16th November. That can basically mean anything. Last time it said that it had been in the IOM for over a week as they hadn’t updated the tracking on receipt. I would not use the Royal Mail / IOM Post for anything. The service between both of them is third-world appalling. I’ve genuinely never had a significant delivery issue with Evri so far. DHL are actually really cheap for international too. I am now making a claim for a lost item so it’s going to cost them £250. Three weeks for 48 hour delivery is an embarrassment.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

31 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Tracking says it’s been in Warrington since the 16th November. That can basically mean anything. Last time it said that it had been in the IOM for over a week as they hadn’t updated the tracking on receipt. I would not use the Royal Mail / IOM Post for anything. The service between both of them is third-world appalling. I’ve genuinely never had a significant delivery issue with Evri so far. DHL are actually really cheap for international too. I am now making a claim for a lost item so it’s going to cost them £250. Three weeks for 48 hour delivery is an embarrassment.

And here am I with exactly the opposite experience. Royal Mail/IoM Post great. Hermes/EVRI totally useless.

Last time I had to send documents IoM  to Spain I sent two lots. One by international Registered and one by DHL. Arrived within 24 hours of each other. DHL was 20 times as much.

As for third world, try the Spanish or Bulgarian systems. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And here am I with exactly the opposite experience. Royal Mail/IoM Post great. Hermes/EVRI totally useless.

Last time I had to send documents IoM  to Spain I sent two lots. One by international Registered and one by DHL. Arrived within 24 hours of each other. DHL was 20 times as much.

As for third world, try the Spanish or Bulgarian systems. 

You expect third world service in Bulgaria not paying top rates for rubbish service. I know Evri get slagged off but I’ve never had any real issues at all: