IOM Post Office Profits down 66 percent

HiVibes

59 minutes ago, Casta said:

The post from Isle of Man used to be excellent, with other than weekends, the regular mail plane ensuring next day delivery to UK. Our firm has benefitted from it. Now we're at the mercy of the next day boat leaving and all that that entails. 

There may be a plus side in that mail sent Saturday morning might get to UK Sunday or Monday rather than Tuesday, but that is little consolation.

The situation does not bode well for the IoM, and CI.

You’ve obviously forgotten the many times the Mail plane was cancelled due to weather, illness & technical problems then there were complaints about that , nothing anyone can do about weather 

1 hour ago, Casta said:

The post from Isle of Man used to be excellent, with other than weekends, the regular mail plane ensuring next day delivery to UK. Our firm has benefitted from it. Now we're at the mercy of the next day boat leaving and all that that entails. 

There may be a plus side in that mail sent Saturday morning might get to UK Sunday or Monday rather than Tuesday, but that is little consolation.

The situation does not bode well for the IoM, and CI.

I see Guernsey Post partner with one of their so-called 'competitors' to provide a much needed international service that Royal Mail struggle to provide.

Is that a "race to the bottom" or a common sense move for the customers of Guernsey Post?

Answers on a postcard..... (sorry about that)!

21 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I see Guernsey Post partner with one of their so-called 'competitors' to provide a much needed international service that Royal Mail struggle to provide.

Is that a "race to the bottom" or a common sense move for the customers of Guernsey Post?

Answers on a postcard..... (sorry about that)!

Guernsey have a substantial export market with moonpig so need a plane plus of course they own their own loss making airline so it goes on that, guernsey don’t have easyJet, Logan air to provide alternative flights.

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey have a substantial export market with moonpig so need a plane plus of course they own their own loss making airline so it goes on that, guernsey don’t have easyJet, Logan air to provide alternative flights.

I thought Aurigney were in profit these days?

And you missed the point of my original post (not for the first time).

Edited by Andy Onchan

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

They do. Covid and no interest from EasyJet has been good news for Aurigny which made a good profit this year as the primary route provider in Guernsey. 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2023/06/28/aurigny-back-in-profit-after-years-of-losses/

Edited by Mouthpiece
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

They do. Covid and no interest from EasyJet has been good news for Aurigny which made a good profit this year as the primary route provider in Guernsey. 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2023/06/28/aurigny-back-in-profit-after-years-of-losses/

Another Billy Bullshit certain “fact” 

An significant increase in "Technical problems" arose from Royal Mail's choice of carrier to the island....at one stage they didn't even have a single airworthy plane to fulfil the contract. 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:58 AM, Banker said:

Why would someone order live fish via normal parcel service? You can arrange to send parcels for 24 hours delivery which goes on plane, it’s been publicized & I know one local business uses it to send vital deliveries & it works fine.

That's only going from the island, not coming to, which I think was the issue.

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why do you try and start arguments with everyone, haven’t you been warned enough times or was that in a previous name?

Another non-believable statement. 

23 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And you missed the point of my original post (not for the first time).

After states capitalised their loans after £90m losses built up but main reason they are still flying in Mail is that Moonpig a big employer and exporter need it and Moonpig would likely have left otherwise 

9 hours ago, Banker said:

You’ve obviously forgotten the many times the Mail plane was cancelled due to weather, illness & technical problems then there were complaints about that , nothing anyone can do about weather 

That will happen occasionally but not that we've noticed. I manufacture and remanufacture small parts. Not highly lucrative but it provides for the family. My main edge on the UK competitors was that anything ordered up to 4:30pm was posted 5:00 pm (at Strand Street) and was at the customers UK address first post the following day, 99 times out of 100. Bog standard post. All good things come to an end I suppose, but I can't take the hit on loss of service and extra cost.

I suppose it is like the price of beer and cost of road tax. Once it was a nice little Isle of Man advantage, now just a dream. We