IOM Post Office Profits down 66 percent

HiVibes

Turnover of £24,200,000 so profits of around 0.022% how on earth can it cost £24M a year to run an operation like IOM Post on an island of 85,000 people? Unbelievable bloat.

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

@HiVibes

Your hatred of Mr Peters is blinding you to a very important point about organisations like the PO and their profitability.

Put simply the more profit the PO makes the more we are all being taxed twice.

What happens to the IOMSPCo profits, if any, should be interesting....

yer drama queen, I don't hate anyone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Manx Independent Carriers are the new contractors to Royal Mail for the Parcelforce business.

I bet they make a profit of a lot more than 0.022% of turnover too. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

40 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure before long you will have IOMG cheerleaders on telling, you as wrong, and how it’s an illusion and the PO has made mega money profits. 

Oddly they put this down to a sharp increase in costs but in the Annual report they claim to have reduced operational costs. Lots of bullshit spouted in there, not least by 'straight talking' anti-woke warrior Stu Peters... 

"Given our high fixed cost base necessary to service our universal service obligation, it does not always follow that costs can be readily reduced in line with revenue decline; however it is pleasing to note that we were able to react quickly to reduce operational costs (excluding foreign exchange activity) by £0.9m."

Edited by HiVibes

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I bet they make a profit of more than 0.022% of turnover too. 

Until they find that they can't cope and farm it back to the PO at less than the PO were being paid in the first instance. Remember the Covid test kit distribution? That went well...

7 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Oddly they put this down to a sharp increase in costs but in the Annual report they claim to have reduced operational costs. Lots of bullshit spouted in there, not least by 'straight talking' anti-woke warrior Stu Peters... 

I rest my case...

12 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Turnover of £24,200,000 so profits of around 0.022% how on earth can it cost £24M a year to run an operation like IOM Post on an island of 85,000 people? Unbelievable bloat.

11 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I bet they make a profit of a lot more than 0.022% of turnover too. 

I think you need a new calculator or need to re check your numbers as it’s around 2% of turn over 

• Like 1