IOM Post Office Profits down 66 percent

HiVibes

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Posties on the golf course with the teachers at 2pm etc etc. Your previous vitriol.

Despite the fact that those posties may have started work at 6.00 - 6.30am that day to ensure that noshers in offices posting poison on the Internet all day get their daily post in a timely fashion.

As I said a bully with no evidence who just gets abusive when challenged, are you offshore Manx again ?

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Full time delivery and sorting posts have been cut, being replaced with part timers and ZHC with no entitlement other than the hours they are asked to work. The problem causing the losses clearly cannot lie here then.

The problem lies in Executive (3 on £125k+ each pa) and management and administration numbers and remuneration. Increasing numbers of "project managers" whose only projects appear to be overseeing the PO losing business to competitors, such as the recent Parcelforce loss and the earlier Yodel loss which was then farmed back to the PO by MIC at much less than had been previously paid.

Heads need to be rolling within the management structure but as with any other Govt operation it won't happen, blame and cuts will be directed towards the grass roots.

This

Replacing the workers as they retire with ZHC's workers is a recipe for disaster in a public service like this.

It only works in the private sector in "Gig" type jobs like Deliveroo - It will never work for critical service jobs that Gov are supposed to do.

What possible incentive have these ZHC workers got to work hard? - NONE

It is not rocket science but it is typical IOM CS methodology 

Just because someone or some people in the Post Office are called Managers on £100k plus does not mean they actually know how to manage a company or people more importantly.

More likely they are in their current post because of nepotism and long years served at the same place.

I saw it back in the early 2000's. People promoted to management jobs in the PS/CS  that were not fit for the job.

These management jobs should have been advertised outside current employees, but they were not, and 20 years later you have the clusterfuck that is IOM gov CS and PS and the island is now only viable if it somehow manages to con 15,000 people to move there.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

As I said a bully with no evidence who just gets abusive when challenged, are you offshore Manx again ?

@ Roger Mexico has been good enough to post up information that as good as corroborates my post and also point it out to you.

But don't let that get in the way of your paranoia.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I saw it back in the early 2000's. People promoted to management jobs in the PS/CS  that were not fit for the job.

These management jobs should have been advertised outside current employees, but they were not, and 20 years later you have the clusterfuck that is IOM gov CS and PS 

But when they do recruit externally, they invariably bring in exactly the same type in their own image. Professional career bullshitters who take the inflated pay for a while and then clear off to their next heist before their ineptitude becomes overwhelming.

• Like 6

Just now, woolley said:

But when they do recruit externally, they invariably bring in exactly the same type in their own image. Professional career bullshitters who take the inflated pay for a while and then clear off to their next heist before their ineptitude becomes overwhelming.

If they do that sometimes, I agree but that failing is due to people totally unsuitable in "Management" positions.

59 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

@ Roger Mexico has been good enough to post up information that as good as corroborates my post and also point it out to you.

But don't let that get in the way of your paranoia.

No it doesn’t and as he said it doesn’t answer my question as to where is your evidence about increased project managers, management & admin! , even though it's not one the poster you are attacking actually made.
Answer because there is none you moron !!

Edited by Banker

Did anyone even look at the p&la? (page 15 of the financial statement linked by Mexico). The profit down by 66% at £542,000 is just a bit of positive spin.

In fact, the operating profit is down from £1,511,510 to £165,136 which is circa an 89% reduction, quite an alarming percentage in any business from one year to the next. The rest of the "profit" is just the interest on reserves and pension assets which obviously grew in 22-23 from the year before and is totally outwith the control of the management.

Think about how they manage to so easily lose so much money. I liked this new competition they’ve launch. I’d imagine that some sort of box with a slot in it will win.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/could-your-design-for-a-postbox-get-the-stamp-of-approval/

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Think about how they manage to so easily lose so much money. I liked this new competition they’ve launch. I’d imagine that some sort of box with a slot in it will win.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/could-your-design-for-a-postbox-get-the-stamp-of-approval/

What a crock of shit!

Maybe a Madam Tussauds model of one of the IOM Post Office top brass,bending down, trouser round their ankles and an aperture in their bottom in which you could post your letter or packet through.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What a crock of shit!

Maybe a Madam Tussauds model of one of the IOM Post Office top brass,bending down, trouser round their ankles and an aperture in their bottom in which you could post your letter or packet through.

You got a thing for that Peters bloke...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1