Council planning to purchase 'modern benches' for prom

HelmutX

I sympathise with loss of food but is it a case of DCorp having a rates  delivered budget and back office staff wondering how they can spend this revenue? Not necessarily the councilors but but the pro staff whispering their job justification to the councillors to vote through as if their  own view???

How much control of the pro staff do the councilors have???

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

tray of sausage, chips, peas onions and gravy from the New Hong Kong  which I held in my hands, (when they  did such lunchtime specials). Bastards

i remember those well , available all the time i thought though, i recall it was the usual friday or saturday evening meal before heading off round town , i sometimes went for the fried rice, mushrooms and curry sauce.  the best thing for me was a full take out curry with fried rice, there was always a layer of oil on top of the curry by the time you got home , those were the days,

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

i remember those well , available all the time i thought though, i recall it was the usual friday or saturday evening meal before heading off round town , i sometimes went for the fried rice, mushrooms and curry sauce.  the best thing for me was a full take out curry with fried rice, there was always a layer of oil on top of the curry by the time you got home , those were the days,

You may be right. Perhaps not a lunchtime special but part of the normal menu.

Chips and curry sauce was another favourite 

I could eat that now and I’ve not long had my breakfast 🤣 Do they still do them? 
Ooh and their mushrooms, this is ridiculous! It’s 9:21am and I’m salivating over food I haven’t had for 20 years (at least). I was fairly poor then (utterly skint) so getting a takeout was a blue moon event but by golly they were ace! Probably the msg’s but hey ho. It’s getting quite nostalgic round here.

Edited by 2bees

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Not like it used to be, though... 

nothing is ,  my new hong kong days were 35 to 40 years ago, where the fuck has that time gone ,   the little place on victoria street was also a go to ,  quite a small guy was always behind the counter , Mr Fong IIRC ??

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

I could eat that now and I’ve not long had my breakfast 🤣 Do they still do them? 
Ooh and they’re mushrooms, this is ridiculous! It’s 9:21am and I’m salivating over food I haven’t had for 20 years (at least). I was fairly poor then (utterly skint) so getting a takeout was a blue moon event but by golly they were ace! Probably the msg’s but hey ho. It’s getting quite nostalgic round here.

It went more upmarket some years ago with seating I think.

I can see the menu now. To the right of the serving counter written with a black marker pen on a yellow background.

The sort of dishes we are discussing were listed on the bottom right hand corner of said menu.

And tabloid newspapers on the counter to read while you waited for your food

Wish I had a Time Machine to go back to those days.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of more detail
  • Like 1

I liked New Hong Kong in its previous incarnation, and it’s great in its new.

I used to do lots of backstage work at the Gaiety and the New Hong Kong was our go to for sausage, chips, gravy and marrowfat peas.

We also used to go next door to the Sefton for a takeout tray of tea, pot, water jug, cups. They used to do a sweep of the dressing rooms every so often to reclaim them.

• Like 1