Council planning to purchase 'modern benches' for prom

HelmutX

As technology has developed in recent years, most jobs now involve sitting at desks. Generally people are less active than they used to be, and leading relatively sedentary lives compared to previous generations. This has affected human evolution.  As a species we require less leverage from our limbs, and as a result human legs are getting shorter. The average height is increasing however, which means body proportions are changing. Furniture also needs to change to  adapt to the new average body proportions, hence the need for modern benches. There’s an interesting article about this, which highlights the dangers of using old benches :

www.bbc.co.uk/human evolution/125877589

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

As technology has developed in recent years, most jobs now involve sitting at desks. Generally people are less active than they used to be, and leading relatively sedentary lives compared to previous generations. This has affected human evolution.  As a species we require less leverage from our limbs, and as a result human legs are getting shorter. The average height is increasing however, which means body proportions are changing. Furniture also needs to change to  adapt to the new average body proportions, hence the need for modern benches. There’s an interesting article about this, which highlights the dangers of using old benches :

www.bbc.co.uk/human evolution/125877589

Why does your link redirect to a Rick Astley video? What sorcery is this?!?

I'm never gonna give up until I get an answer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Wall:E showed the future

A beginner's guide to the AI apocalypse: Wall-E syndrome

2 hours ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Trying to eat this walking up Crellin's Hill after a session in the Rovers was always a challenge

One of the funniest things I have seen was a man staggering up (and three steps back down) Crellins Hill while eating a pizza directly out of the box.  By that I mean biting the pizza from the box. It obviously took two hands to balance himself and the box. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

I liked New Hong Kong in its previous incarnation, and it’s great in its new.

I used to do lots of backstage work at the Gaiety and the New Hong Kong was our go to for sausage, chips, gravy and marrowfat peas.

We also used to go next door to the Sefton for a takeout tray of tea, pot, water jug, cups. They used to do a sweep of the dressing rooms every so often to reclaim them.

I my days (nights) as a Gaiety gofer we used to take orders from the cast and rush to Felices in Castle Street for fish, chips and scrag ends! 

I feel old now!  

3 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

I’m in charge of the Internet 

I thought you’d semi retired. 

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I my days (nights) as a Gaiety gofer we used to take orders from the cast and rush to Felices in Castle Street for fish, chips and scrag ends! 

I feel old now!  

Actors? Scum of the earth, messing up our sets and stage. Wouldn’t have ever done that for them.

I worked with Tony McEvoy, and my dad. Easter Festival of full Length Plays we used to sleep on air beds in the changing rooms. During the adjudications dad used to stand in the wings, fag between his lips, smoke curling out onto stage, muttering darkly about actors and adjudicators.

Then we struck the set, then started building the set for the next night. Then sleep, then start again at 09.00. Painting from midday. That was the 18 foot flats.

Hopefully enough time for a tech run through before curtain up.

• Like 5