Tynwald members get pay rise

Banker

There are dozens of reasons traditional postal services here and elsewhere are in trouble, shrinking volumes, increased competition, gig economy, significant issues with RM, decline in traditional operations as everyone goes digital, supporting an unsustainable retail network to placate the electorate and their MHKs, the desire to continue to offer decent employment terms…

Yet all you see are ‘too many highly paid managers’, which is the MF default position on everything. Feel free to bring in a management consultant who will agree and I’ll listen. I strongly suggest you won’t find one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu Peters said:

There are dozens of reasons traditional postal services here and elsewhere are in trouble, shrinking volumes, increased competition, gig economy, significant issues with RM, decline in traditional operations as everyone goes digital, supporting an unsustainable retail network to placate the electorate and their MHKs, the desire to continue to offer decent employment terms…

Yet all you see are ‘too many highly paid managers’, which is the MF default position on everything. Feel free to bring in a management consultant who will agree and I’ll listen. I strongly suggest you won’t find one.

Are we still paying for the "wardrobe manager" as well as the 44 other managers as of a couple of years ago?

1 minute ago, finlo said:

And all lay squarely at the feet of our esteemed leaders!

Well assuming you think the Island is “ in a mess” to start with we are at the mercy of any number of external factors. 

Our “ esteemed leaders” whatever their faults ( real or imagined) don’t have magic wands

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well assuming you think the Island is “ in a mess” to start with we are at the mercy of any number of external factors. 

Our “ esteemed leaders” whatever their faults ( real or imagined) don’t have magic wands

Nothing to do with external factors it's all self inflicted!

• Haha 2