Bishop V Hooper

Fred the shred

Next Tuesday In Tynwald MR Hooper will table a motion to remove the Bishop’s vote, information c/o IOM News Today.    Well done Lawrie there is no place in politics for religion.    This has been demonstrated time and time again when the god botherer ,Justin Welby , has stuck his beak into politics over the water.    I really hope this gets voted through Joney F. had a go a little while ago but apparently kicking him out of Tynwald was a step too far.    

• Like 1

Bash the Bishop time, especially when your backs up against the wall!

I hope they vote it through, and I hope the island has no Bishop or CofE representation. Be careful for what you wish for. 

Before long there will be no Hooperman, as I’m sure CM Cannan will tire of his antics, his performance in general and his overall demeanour. 

I find it rather amusing in a way that the island has a myriad of problems, particularly social issues, yet both Hooperman and Joney Faragher are concerned with tinkering, and pet hobby horse issues. It’s hardly going to help the poor, sick and needy of Douglas East and Ramsey. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I really hope this gets voted through Joney F. had a go a little while ago but apparently kicking him out of Tynwald was a step too far.    

It will not get through. Hooper, and to an extent Faragher, are effectively kicking themselves out of Tynwald.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t consider the Bishop’s vote is a hobby horse issue.   There are a lot of people who really do not think that religion should influence politics and that is what MHKs should be doing bringing the concerns of their constituents to Tynwald.   There are probably a lot of poor, sick and needy people who share this view.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It will not get through. Hooper, and to an extent Faragher, are effectively kicking themselves out of Tynwald.

I would hazard a guess that a public vote on the issue would side with Mr Hooper.

It is 2023, not 1823

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

You are so wrong Barlow there are a lot of people who will give them massive brownie points for bringing this subject up.

Especially CoMin who can’t line up the voting with promises of departmental decisions or progression of other personal agenda policies. No, I prefer the moral vote left as it is. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I would hazard a guess that a public vote on the issue would side with Mr Hooper.

It is 2023, not 1823

I agree but will be very surprised if this goes through. How many of our MHK’s have the backbone to vote for this. Seeing their name as voting for it .