Bishop V Hooper

Fred the shred

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Thanks for the history lesson Roger. Very interesting. The Island is still effectively stitched up behind the appearance of a modern elective government and democracy.

A "Veneer"...

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

I think that is Casta's point! :P

Yes it was. Thank you.

Has this poor soul got nothing better or pressing to attend to? All I can say is that apparently matters of Health must be hunky dory on this Island and little or no political oversight is required.

I would like to know how many of his constituents have beat a path to his door over this matter. I would hazard a guess - none.

Manx Care are being paid to manage health care on the Island and deal with all matters appertaining , an interfering Health Minister is not a feature of day to day running of the Health Service he is there to oversee and to hopefully persuade the Government to make adequate provision so that the health workers can be paid what they deserve and enough to attract people to consider health care as a viable occupation he represents the health service in the government.    It is not his responsibility if people do not receive appointments on time etc that is not in his remit.   He has an overall responsibility to ensure Manx Care fulfil their obligations but without a serious cash injection there is only so much the Minister can do.   How many Health Ministers have we had in the past few years that have satisfied the Manx Public ?   It is the poisoned challis indeed.

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

How many Health Ministers have we had in the past few years that have satisfied the Manx Public ?  

None that have been able to provide the political leadership to ensure any sort of quality and confidence in our health service. Hooper is particularly unsuited to the role being an arrogant talentless twerp !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So you would say David, Howie, Kate and I cannot remember further back and Rob wasn’t there long enough to make a difference were all superior to Laurie ?   I wouldn’t , at least he hasn’t gone to New Zealand and brought back someone who was less than adequate, he didn’t nearly close down RCH and nick half the equipment that had been privately subscribed and move it to Nobles or close wards down and we won’t go into the point by point rebuttal or shredding.     He has put a good case up for getting a bigger portion of the pie and has kept a pretty cool head when there have been strikes and unrest.    Who do you think would make a better job of it amongst the present MHKs ? and who do you think would be prepared to do it ?   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

at least he hasn’t gone to New Zealand and brought back someone who was less than adequate

I’m not aware anyone was “brought back” from NZ, adequate or not.   If you’re referring to Charters, he was already in post - and went on the NZ junket with Quayle.

Unless I misremember?   I’m sure you’ll put me right.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’m not aware anyone was “brought back” from NZ, adequate or not.   If you’re referring to Charters, he was already in post - and went on the NZ junket with Quayle.

Unless I misremember?   I’m sure you’ll put me right.

Did we ever find out why he left, only months into the job ?

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:
5 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

at least he hasn’t gone to New Zealand and brought back someone who was less than adequate

Maybe Fts wasn't complaining about Quayle recruiting Charters from New Zealand.  He was saying he should have left him there.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

So you would say David, Howie, Kate and I cannot remember further back and Rob wasn’t there long enough to make a difference were all superior to Laurie ?   I wouldn’t , at least he hasn’t gone to New Zealand and brought back someone who was less than adequate, he didn’t nearly close down RCH and nick half the equipment that had been privately subscribed and move it to Nobles or close wards down and we won’t go into the point by point rebuttal or shredding.     He has put a good case up for getting a bigger portion of the pie and has kept a pretty cool head when there have been strikes and unrest.    Who do you think would make a better job of it amongst the present MHKs ? and who do you think would be prepared to do it ?   

Has he? The funding deficit is getting bigger and some waiting lists are getting longer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And now the big guns are interfering..for me personally I have nothing against any church or religion, but it doesn’t belong in 21st Century politics and certainly not in Government. If there should be a religious representative by virtue of percentage of population, it would be a tight call between the Muslim faith and Living Hope!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/archbishop-of-york-calls-for-public-consultation-before-bishop-vote-changes/

Edited by Manx Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1