Bishop V Hooper

Fred the shred

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

You are so wrong Barlow there are a lot of people who will give them massive brownie points for bringing this subject up.

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

I would hazard a guess that a public vote on the issue would side with Mr Hooper.

It is 2023, not 1823

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

Absolutely spot on Dave I am certain you are right , that is why they won’t be asked 🤣 .   

At this stage I have no particular opinion. All I am saying is that it won't succeed. This is the Isle of Man. 

• Like 1

Hooper has been a disaster  everywhere else  including health    and he approved the Cube deal while he oas in DOE   , now eager  to get attention by trying to get rid of the Bishop  its only a few weeks ago Tynwald voted to keep the Bishop and  his vote ,  if the keys have any sense they will not give him permission   to introduce  a private members bill ,  there are much more important issues for the Keys to consider 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Hooper has been a disaster  everywhere else  including health    and he approved the Cube deal while he oas in DOE   , now eager  to get attention by trying to get rid of the Bishop  its only a few weeks ago Tynwald voted to keep the Bishop and  his vote ,  if the keys have any sense they will not give him permission   to introduce  a private members bill ,  there are much more important issues for the Keys to consider 

Sadly these idiots have lost the plot. There are so many other far more important priorities and pressing problems which the island faces. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Here's a link to the Isle of Man Today item. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/hooper-moves-for-the-bishop-to-no-longer-vote-in-tynwald-647715

It will be worth listening in, if only for the deafening silence from other members. I think Tynwald is all Bishop'd out, and will recognize there are other more important things to attend to.

It must be something like Lawrie needing a distraction tactic to throw focus onto him away from the other Ramsey MHK.

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Here's a link to the Isle of Man Today item. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/hooper-moves-for-the-bishop-to-no-longer-vote-in-tynwald-647715

It will be worth listening in, if only for the deafening silence from other members. I think Tynwald is all Bishop'd out, and will recognize there are other more important things to attend to.

It must be something like Lawrie needing a distraction tactic to throw focus onto him away from the other Ramsey MHK.

The difference being that Dr A is trying to out though a piece of superb legislation that will has a huge impact on many of us.

Mr H is just, well.  Who knows.  A total waste of his and tynwald time faffing about with something that should be so far down the priority time that it shouldn’t even be entering anyone’s mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

...'' There are so many other far more important priorities and pressing problems...''.

So should we on MF be limited to commenting on just one thread if it's so so difficult to think of  more than one thing at a time!!! 😉

• Like 4

Just now, Kopek said:

...'' There are so many other far more important priorities and pressing problems...''.

So should we on MF be limited to commenting on just one thread if it's so so difficult to think of  more than one thing at a time!!! 😉

I think you should.

We can start one if you like.

”Drinking in the evening.  Pros and cons for a web forum contributor”

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I think you should.

We can start one if you like.

”Drinking in the evening.  Pros and cons for a web forum contributor”

How boring! I think you have missed the sarcasm in my post.

Have to go now, got a Taxi call, thank god for Google maps, I'd never find their house with all the alcohol I've had!!!

PS. Stop frowning so much Dave, your poor little brow will be so furrowed!!!

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

How boring! I think you have missed the sarcasm in my post.

Have to go now, got a Taxi call, thank god for Google maps, I'd never find their house with all the alcohol I've had!!!

PS. Stop frowning so much Dave, your poor little brow will be so furrowed!!!

There are some odd taxi drivers about though.  I wouldn’t want to admit to being one.

There was a very negative review of one being inappropriate towards someone’s sister the other day!!!!