Isle of Man Energy closes its reception desk

Fred the shred

3 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Isle of Man Energy or Max Gas as we know it has closed its reception desk as customers prefer to use e-mails to contact them.        And the band played believe it if you like.   Info c/o Isle of Man Today.  Good read if you enjoy fairy stories 🤣 

How are new customers supposed to hand in completed forms applying for an account, and pay their deposit? Are they supposed to ring a telephone number to be endlessly waiting in a queue? I’m still waiting on replies to emails, from well over 12 months ago. 

• Confused 1

"Isle of Man Energy or Max Gas as we know it has closed its reception desk"

I don't blame them

The island has a reputation for moaning  assholes winging about Fuka all , AKA manx peeps

Even if non manx, the moaners know if they call their MHK it will cause a problem to the Gas Board or whichever company they are moaning about.

If I ran Manx Gas I would ship the call centre to somewhere remote like Mongolia and then have a blanket policy of

No reply unless you email your issue in triplicate to Mongolia and 2 other made up domains, just to weed out the time wasters 🙂 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

How are new customers supposed to hand in completed forms applying for an account, and pay their deposit? Are they supposed to ring a telephone number to be endlessly waiting in a queue? I’m still waiting on replies to emails, from well over 12 months ago. 

Make an appointment, or do it online.

They accepted emailed forms from us when we moved onto gas three years ago

44 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

"Isle of Man Energy or Max Gas as we know it has closed its reception desk"

I don't blame them

The island has a reputation for moaning  assholes winging about Fuka all , AKA manx peeps

Even if non manx, the moaners know if they call their MHK it will cause a problem to the Gas Board or whichever company they are moaning about.

If I ran Manx Gas I would ship the call centre to somewhere remote like Mongolia and then have a blanket policy of

No reply unless you email your issue in triplicate to Mongolia and 2 other made up domains, just to weed out the time wasters 🙂 

Says the clown who's never off here moaning about the Isle of Man...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Isle of Man Energy or Max Gas as we know it has closed its reception desk as customers prefer to use e-mails to contact them.        And the band played believe it if you like.   Info c/o Isle of Man Today.  Good read if you enjoy fairy stories 🤣 

To be fair a lot of their staff have suffered ill health having to deal with angry customers for 7 hours a day. But it’s not their fault that their employer is that shit that its customers are often so angry they now can’t even allow their customers to directly speak to their staff. A shithouse decision, made by shithouse managers, in a shithouse business.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It seems like a great idea.

Every time I have been in there, I tell them the problem, they make notes and pass it on to someone to deal with at 'Head Office'.

I must have been in there 15 or 20 times.

Problem is, I have only have had one problem with IOM Energy.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Problem is, I have only have had one problem with IOM Energy.

Is that the fact that they supply you with gas and they’re shit? 

• Like 1

Are there any service level agreements which Island Energy have to adhere to? For example, pricing is monitored by CURA, but yet providing a simple service is beyond Island Energy capabilities. Can our politicos not get involved, and perhaps make sure minimum service standards are adhered to?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

they surely could not make a worse job…..surely 🤣  on second thoughts 

They could and they could. 

• Like 1