Novel coverage

Yibble

4 hours ago, La Colombe said:

No they don't. The twats in the hats play a lot of contemporary jazz. 

Two questions:

Who are “ the twats in the hats”?

Which MR programme plays contemporary jazz, free jazz, bit of fusion, bit of bebop, bit of hard bop, plenty of Coltrane, etc, etc?   Serious question - if I’ve been missing it, I’ll tune in!   When’s it on?

21 hours ago, Two-lane said:

I clicked on "Novel Cover" by accident and I was confronted by the cover of a Weather Report LP (actual, genuine, vinyl).

Jo Zawinul, Wayne Shorter and Jaco Pastorius - and others.

I was astounded. Does Manx Radio play this kind of thing?

19 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

No.

Or rather yes. 

Thread drift - ah, it's only Manx Forums. I listened to part of the above Manx Radio program. Disk jockeys piss me off (unless they are called Emperor Roscoe,  Wolfman Jack or Super Soul) because they think they are the most important part of the program. And there are two of them in the above clip, nattering to each other...

One of the best programs I heard was on AFN, an hour of anything between pop and jazz presented by someone who was just a conscript and just played the  music he liked. He always played several items in a row, before simply giving a list of what he had played. In one program I don't think he spoke at all.

This is a clip of him in a rather loquacious mood:

[I recorded some of the programs on cassette. On some of them you can hear occasional deep inhalations - and stumbling, slurring words. Hmm. At the time, those were the people who were there to prevent the Soviet tanks from rolling through the Fulda Gap]