Hitting it Big

CrazyDave

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I think the forum moderators should be insisting on an even-handed, balanced, representation. We need more posts form people who have lost money.

Yes it feels like certain posters might be connected to the site and engaged in some sort of marketing campaign to push an unregulated site in the IOM in direct contravention of IOM gaming laws. It’s the sort of unregulated ‘get rich quick’ scheme that I’d be fairly wary of, just like those win a £1M house for 50p websites like Omaze.

39 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

Yes it feels like certain posters might be connected to the site and engaged in some sort of marketing campaign to push an unregulated site in the IOM in direct contravention of IOM gaming laws. It’s the sort of unregulated ‘get rich quick’ scheme that I’d be fairly wary of, just like those win a £1M house for 50p websites like Omaze.

I have zero association to the site.

I am simply pointing out that the idiots saying people don’t win or that the winners are made up are talking rubbish.

People keep laughing and making smartarse comments but last nights 10k winner is another person I would say hello to if I saw her in the street.

That’s another in the last few months who I know well enough to have contact details for.  If idiots don’t want to believe that then let them crack on.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I have zero association to the site.

Well on an anonymous forum you can say what you like as nobody knows whether you have or you haven’t regardless of what you might claim. You do seem to be spending an awful lot of time pushing this unregulated get rich quick scheme for someone who claims to have no connection to it at all. You also must have a very wide circle of friends to claim to know virtually everyone who has won something. I’d personally remain skeptical of any thing like this that has no compliance function overseeing and auditing play as an IOM provider would. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am not saying that the site is a scam, but that there cannot be a winner without many more losers.

The statement that someone won a car "for £2" ignores the amount he had already spent on tickets that did not win.

Of course, this blinkered attitude is not limited to gamblers. Here is a quote from that financial wizard, Allinson, when commenting on the £20 million to be spent of smart meters:

"Dr Alex Allinson, chairman of Manx Utilities, said the cost would "not be passed onto the consumer"."

And it pisses me off that he uses the title Dr, when it is not relevant to what he is doing.

11 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Of course, this blinkered attitude is not limited to gamblers. Here is a quote from that financial wizard, Allinson, when commenting on the £20 million to be spent of smart meters:

"Dr Alex Allinson, chairman of Manx Utilities, said the cost would "not be passed onto the consumer"."

He learned from the best.

Eddie Teare.

• Thanks 1

Had another look at this site today. It is designed to draw in the gullible. Particularly the draws to win entries into a draw. So for 99p you have a 1 in 1000 chance of winning 300 entries into a draw for £50000. But at a glance it looks like 1 in 1000 chance of winning £50000 itself. 

I’m not saying there aren’t winners - it does seem incredible though how many @CrazyDave seems to know personally, perhaps he’s infected with Red Dwarf’s lucky virus or something - but inevitably there are many more losers dumping £10 or so every night that they can probably not afford, chasing losses because of a warped view of how many win. 

• Like 3

It could be because the Isle of Man is the biggest village in the world. Everyone knows everybody, so when someone in Bride wins people in Cregneish know about it. This causes a positive feedback effect that induces the gullible to think that the odds are better than they are. [And no one is going around bragging about how much they have lost]

There will be towns in England of 80,000 where someone at the end of the street wins, but people at the other end do not hear about it.

Maybe the Tourism dept. should start advertising this phenomenon - come to the IoM and win a car.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kevster said:

I know at least three - one with a large win

Exactly.  I don’t know what people are struggling to understand.

It’s a small island and I know a lot of people.   No word of a lie I have numbers in my phone for four people who have won between 10 and 60k

Anyway, people clearly think it’s all made up so let them think what they want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Had another look at this site today. It is designed to draw in the gullible. Particularly the draws to win entries into a draw. So for 99p you have a 1 in 1000 chance of winning 300 entries into a draw for £50000. But at a glance it looks like 1 in 1000 chance of winning £50000 itself. 

I’m not saying there aren’t winners - it does seem incredible though how many @CrazyDave seems to know personally, perhaps he’s infected with Red Dwarf’s lucky virus or something - but inevitably there are many more losers dumping £10 or so every night that they can probably not afford, chasing losses because of a warped view of how many win. 

I know of 2 big winners in the past few months. I have played it a couple of times when there have been big prizes I don't see it any difference than sticking on a euromillions ticket. And people dumping money they can't afford is as old as time, if they didn't spend it on this they would be on the many lotto,gaming,bookie sites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Good. So that's the end of this thread then? Let's move on shall we? 

I didnt realise someone was forcing you to read it?  Is it the same people that are forcing people to have a little gamble and potentially have a very significant and positive impact on their lifestyle?

I think most people opt to ignore the threads that aren’t of interest to them?  Same way I don’t watch all the channels my wife like, I just watch something else.

You should try it!  Frees up loads of time.

Edited by CrazyDave

6 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Exactly.  I don’t know what people are struggling to understand.

It’s a small island and I know a lot of people.   No word of a lie I have numbers in my phone for four people who have won between 10 and 60k

Anyway, people clearly think it’s all made up so let them think what they want.

I believe that there are many winners, each and every one of them true and real. But I also believe that there are many more big losers, that nobody seems to know personally, because nobody advertises how much they lost.

• Like 1