Hitting it Big

CrazyDave

11 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Well, I personally know four people who are tens of thousands of pound up 🤷‍♂️

But then again you're clearly a total fantasist. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But then again you're clearly a total fantasist. 

WTF?

There are loads of local winners and many of them are men in their thirties and forties, so how is it hard to believe that someone knows some of them?

Is this back to your lack of social life?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Does snyone know who runs this?

Its a genius business model, and focusing so much on island really seems to work as the fact that people tend to know at least one winner makes you feel more likely to win yourself.

Hats off to whoever is running and marketing it.  A cracking business model.

Now seen their website. It’s gambling pure and simple, like when you go to an airport you see a supercar  there which you may win if you buy a ticket to go into a lottery

Yes you may win, most likely not. It’s up to you whether you a buy a ticket. I buy a National Lottery ticket from time to time not in the expectation I will win.

Its hardly a “ cracking business model”   ,much less than one that over 50’s wouldn’t understand ( lotteries have been around for centuries)

You seem somewhat naive. Yes buy a ticket for such a lottery, why not you may win. But to herald this as some sort of genius model shows your innocence.

There’s nothing new under the sun. We oldies know this.

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

There are loads of local winners and many of them are men in their thirties and forties, so how is it hard to believe that someone knows some of them?

Nobody knows them as they probably don’t exist as you’re a clear fantasist. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Manchester airport I’m pretty sure. Can’t remember when. 

Why are you asking?

They stopped several years ago. Possible nearly a decade. Just trying to gauge how out of touch/detached from reality you are.

Think BOTB has moved on to spot the ball as their method of selling chances to win the cars. It’s quoted on one of the stock exchanges. It’s a good business model, for the promoter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Now seen their website. It’s gambling pure and simple, like when you go to an airport you see a supercar  there which you may win if you buy a ticket to go into a lottery

Yes you may win, most likely not. It’s up to you whether you a buy a ticket. I buy a National Lottery ticket from time to time not in the expectation I will win.

Its hardly a “ cracking business model”   ,much less than one that over 50’s wouldn’t understand ( lotteries have been around for centuries)

You seem somewhat naive. Yes buy a ticket for such a lottery, why not you may win. But to herald this as some sort of genius model shows your innocence.

There’s nothing new under the sun. We oldies know this.

It’s nothing like the lottery.  In the lottery you have no control over your odds of winning.

Here you can see exactly how long until the draw takes places, exactly how many tickets are available, exactly how any have been sold, and exactly what the maximum you can buy is.

So by being smart you might be able to give yourself a one in ten chance of winning 2k for a twenty quid outlay (made up numbers to make a point)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Nobody knows them as they probably don’t exist as you’re a clear fantasist. 

Oh sod off.

One is a local builder, one a local postman and one a local electrician and that’s off the top of my head.

Look on their page then look at the Facebook profiles of the winners.  They are local people with local friends 

• Haha 1

Just now, CrazyDave said:

Oh sod off.

One is a local builder, one a local postman and one a local electrician and that’s off the top of my head.

Look on their page then look at the Facebook profiles of the winners.  They are local people with local friends 

Does the builder build swimming pools?

Does he drink in the same pub as the postman and the electrician? And the butcher the baker and the candlestick maker? 

05C6D62A-DADD-4BB4-96F8-A27FC7E67074.webp

• Confused 1

Just now, John Wright said:

They stopped several years ago. Possible nearly a decade. Just trying to gauge how out of touch/detached from reality you are.

Well they may have stopped them. Sure it wasn’t a decade ago.

It doesn’t really matter I was holding them up as an example of a lottery.  It doesn’t mean I am out of touch or detached from reality.

There are plenty of other current lottery type examples. Think that one on the telly where you can win a house and if you enter the lottery within a certain time period you can also win a car and/ or money.

Why do you have to always be so mealy mouthed?

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s nothing like the lottery.  In the lottery you have no control over your odds of winning.

Here you can see exactly how long until the draw takes places, exactly how many tickets are available, exactly how any have been sold, and exactly what the maximum you can buy is.

So by being smart you might be able to give yourself a one in ten chance of winning 2k for a twenty quid outlay (made up numbers to make a point)

Have you got “ sucker” tattooed on your forehead?

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well they may have stopped them. Sure it wasn’t a decade ago.

It doesn’t really matter I was holding them up as an example of a lottery.  It doesn’t mean I am out of touch or detached from reality.

There are plenty of other current lottery type examples. Think that one on the telly where you can win a house and if you enter the lottery within a certain time period you can also win a car and/ or money.

Why do you have to always be so mealy mouthed?

Stop playing the dim, confused, old duffer, unless that’s what you really are. It’s not a clever look.

Of course, if you are a dim, confused, old duffer, I sincerely apologise.

• Haha 2