IOMs most pointless vigil?

Cueey Lewis And The News

A real must for all IOM self important virtue signalers in order to remember the zero people affected in the IOM. 

09B55799-8782-4BA6-9761-C9F7608F152E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

A real must for all IOM self important virtue signalers in order to remember the zero people affected in the IOM. 

09B55799-8782-4BA6-9761-C9F7608F152E.jpeg

You clearly know few if any trans people on the rock. It's not just anti-trans sentiment, it's a lack of support.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a trans friend, they’re often subjected to people shouting transphobic abuse at them in public (or so they say, I’m yet to see/hear it). Life is not easy for trans people and I think it’s sad that we’re not a society that is able to be kind. I’m sure that there are plenty of people affected by this but vigil’s aren’t necessary, quiet reflection works just as well.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, 2bees said:

I have a trans friend, they’re often subjected to people shouting transphobic abuse at them in public (or so they say, I’m yet to see/hear it). Life is not easy for trans people and I think it’s sad that we’re not a society that is able to be kind. I’m sure that there are plenty of people affected by this but vigil’s aren’t necessary, quiet reflection works just as well.

Most people are kind. There will always be a few that are not. That will never change. Silly vigils like this is more likely to make it worse and not better. Sadly. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, 2bees said:

or so they say, I’m yet to see/hear it). 

There you go then.

BTW this vigil is about lives lost to violence hate crime and suicide. So likely zero IOM people affected. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

There you go then.

BTW this vigil is about lives lost to violence hate crime and suicide. So likely zero IOM people affected. 

"So likely zero IOM people affected."

You have no idea.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

"So likely zero IOM people affected."

You have no idea.

So how many trans people have been killed in the IOM due to violence or hate crime in the last 20 years in your considerable experience? 

8 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

So how many trans people have been killed in the IOM due to violence or hate crime in the last 20 years in your considerable experience? 

I’ve already said I think vigils are pointless. However, it doesn’t have to be a local being attacked or killed to affect people here. Most of us have personal connections with people that live places other than the IOM. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’ve already said I think vigils are pointless. 

To be fair it just seems to be another soap box platform for dopey Devon to sound off about. 

• Like 3

S'pose the point is it is part of a global awareness week and a vigil for transgender victims of violence, some of whom have lost their lives globally.  There is a local trans community who may have been subject to violence or felt threatened.  There may not be anyone who has lost their life locally because of it, but it is to mark solidarity with that  local community.

Not sure what there is to get annoyed about really.   It is a short event unlikely to cause any issues for those not attending and for those who do attend or are part of that community, it may be a source of comfort. 

• Like 3