IOMs most pointless vigil?

Cueey Lewis And The News

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I don’t agree with that. Specifically as I would imagine that a lot of trans people probably ultimately are setting themselves on a pathway to normality where they aspire to be seen as straight so it’s likely got little to do with attitudes to homosexuality. And in fact I’m sure many people find it odd that the gay community so readily aligns itself with people many of whom you might suggest are actively escaping gayness by transitioning into roles where they would certainly not regard themselves as gay at all. Otherwise why would you have the trans women are women debate if many didn’t actually seek to normalize their status as female rather than just be seen as someone who is a trans woman who likes men?

I don't know if you're serious when you mention aspiring to be straight and saying that I might suggest people are escaping gayness.  Trans people don't necessarily aspire to be gay or straight. Most don't even aspire to be anything because they know they are men or women regardless of their anatomy.  You're conflating sexuality and gender, which is not the same thing as understanding that gender and sexuality are connected.

1 minute ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

You're conflating sexuality and gender, which is not the same thing as understanding that gender and sexuality are connected.

That’s exactly what I’m not doing and what the original poster was doing.

10 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

That’s exactly what I’m not doing and what the original poster was doing.

But for those trans people who feel that they have the wrong body and wish to change that, the subject of their sexuality takes a complete back-seat to the matter of re-signing their sex to what seems more appropriate.

2 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

But for those trans people who feel that they have the wrong body and wish to change that, the subject of their sexuality takes a complete back-seat to the matter of re-signing their sex to what seems more appropriate.

It’s not what I said though. Move on with the manufactured argument.

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

That’s nonsense. J K Rowling and many others who they have tried to overtly destroy aren’t hate filled people. They’re just trying to debate with science deniers. 

How has Rowling been deplatformed?  As far as I am aware she is still sharing her views on various social media platforms?  Explain what you mean by deplatformed.

I would suggest that being criticised for your views is not being deplatformed.  I do agree that she should not be receiving threats of violence etc but then again neither should Trans People or their supporters.

37 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s not what I said though. Move on with the manufactured argument.

I am not too sure what you're getting at. Can you explain further?

What I was getting it is that challenging and overturning gender expectations is where trans and gay people find common cause. And also, though I forgot to mention it, that gender expectations are largely a reason for homophobia and transphobia.

I couldn't understand your reference to sexuality in your disagreement of my post.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:36 AM, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

So how many trans people have been killed in the IOM due to violence or hate crime in the last 20 years in your considerable experience? 

None, most likely, but killed on the Isle of Man isn't what yer man is on about, is it? It's a world wide day of remembrance for example for the 322 people murdered in Europe last year where their trans status is the reason given for the attack that killed them. I wouldn't be minded to go myself but I can see why someone might think it a worthwhile thing to do.

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Lets go through the checklist.

Still selling books 👍

Still has access to all social media accounts 👍

Still has access to a large platform with a large number of followers 👍

Still speaks at events 👍

Still covered by mainstream news 👍

Still making millions every month 👍

Deplatwhatnow? This is like when people claim she's been cancelled.

Also, lemme ask you a question, why is it not okay for those of us on the left to retaliate to her BS but it is okay for her to call people like me a rapist? What are you expecting here, for us to go "Ohhhh JK...you're a joker aren't you" *Slaps knee*. I repeat a phrase I stated earlier: Fuck....all....the....way....off.

F-FwysCXsAA0AtO.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

I also don't really see any trans people claim they've changed biological sex. Presumably some do, no idea.

We generally don't claim that our biological (read genetic) sex has been changed. There will be one or two sure but, like most things in this world relating to trans people, the media has taken the outliers and put them front and centre. And braindead dingbats have taken it to be ALL TRANS PEOPLE as per usual. The phrase "sex change" isn't even our term and also isn't one we use anymore, we use "Gender affirming surgery" usually.

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

Pointless explaining.  Every time this comes up, it is the same round and round discussion.  The simple fact is there are people whose belief on how the world should be is unshakeable.  You cannot reason, provide evidence or persuade.

Yebbut - 12 pages (to date) of this repetitive argument, arising from an initial OP which was basically low-level trolling, just slagging Devon for an online post…

Cueey must be thrilled by all the attention - and all the argument that’s been generated!

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Cueey must be thrilled by all the attention - and all the argument that’s been generated!

Just to reiterate once more. I literally could not give one fuck what some sad embittered low level troll like you thinks or says about anything I might post on this forum. I care literally not one fuck in the slightest what some sad, inconsequential, bitter, online muppet thinks. So you’re wasting your time popping up with your sad snide comments. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Just to reiterate once more. I literally could not give one fuck what some sad embittered low level troll like you thinks or says about anything I might post on this forum. I care literally not one fuck in the slightest what some sad, inconsequential, bitter, online muppet thinks. So you’re wasting your time popping up with your sad snide comments. 

You don't care, so much so, that you feel the need to tell us about it?

And call people names in the process?

Because, you don't care.

Gotcha.

• Like 2