IOMs most pointless vigil?

Cueey Lewis And The News

Hi

45 minutes ago, Gladys said:

S'pose the point is it is part of a global awareness week and a vigil for transgender victims of violence, some of whom have lost their lives globally.  There is a local trans community who may have been subject to violence or felt threatened.  There may not be anyone who has lost their life locally because of it, but it is to mark solidarity with that  local community.

Not sure what there is to get annoyed about really.   It is a short event unlikely to cause any issues for those not attending and for those who do attend or are part of that community, it may be a source of comfort. 

I’m not against such a vigil for the reasons you give.

But it must be remembered that so called “ trans activists “ are also responsible for bullying, and committing hate crimes against those who don’t share their particular views. They can be very aggressive.
Again more globally than locally, but maybe their victims also deserve a vigil.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hi

But it must be remembered that so called “ trans activists “ are also responsible for bullying, and committing hate crimes against those who don’t share their particular views. They can be very aggressive.

wounded animals tend to bite first.

31 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hi

Devon seems to be a Premier League soapboxer. There seems to be simply no woke cause that he won’t noisily tub thump about in order to attract attention to himself. Now we have a vigil for all the non existent trans fallen in the IOM. A pointless exercise in attracting even more attention to Devon Watson. He’s more woke than Wokey McWoke, winner of last years Mr (or Ms) Woke competition. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Are you mad?

So who has died in the IOM?

Equally you say your friend regularly claims to suffer transphobia but strangely never when you’re with them. 

• Like 1

I know of two people who committed suicide because of hate, that's enough isn't it? 

Cueey, today is the first time I've noticed your attitude and I'm going to have to mention it, it's totally unnecessary. We're all here just having a chat, passing opinions around, I think you're a bit confrontational in the way you post. Perhaps, instead of writing "So, blah blah blah" which makes you sound like angry Angie, you could say "I was unaware of such, do you have any examples?" or something like that 🤪 (just kidding about the alternative post, crack on bud, takes all sorts)   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

I know of two people who committed suicide because of hate, that's enough isn't it? 

Cueey, today is the first time I've noticed your attitude and I'm going to have to mention it, it's totally unnecessary. 

So you can post “are you mad” but it’s other people who have a bad attitude? Ok that makes sense.

Was the person you mention above trans? 

9 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

So who has died in the IOM?

Equally you say your friend regularly claims to suffer transphobia but strangely never when you’re with them. 

You shouldn’t be allowed access to a computer, or knives or forks.

Can you really not see how dumb that post is?

Do you have any children?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You shouldn’t be allowed access to a computer, or knives or forks.

Another forum classic from Fantasy Dave. Knocked into the back of the net by Walter Mitty Banker as well. 

Over the last 50 years I’ve known many in the Manx LGBT community who have been abused, physically, verbally and emotionally. Some just left the Island, many became anxious and depressed, some self harmed, a few killed themselves.

LGBT phobic bullying went on and still goes on.

As to whether a vigil, or other demonstration, does any good is hard to say one way or the other, BUT, my belief is that had it not been for the NALGO/NALGAY march from the Villa to Tynwald, the Union conference boycott, and demonstrations by the likes of Alan Shea and others, the law change would have been much delayed.

I remember in 2022 the opprobrium poured on the Trans/non binary protesters about the police presence.

I wonder, sometimes, when I read court reports, in the press and on judgments on line, about whether there was a sexuality or gender component in a bullying or unfair dismissal or an assault case.

Earlier this year I represented someone who was assaulted in the loos of a local nightclub because he was an “effeminate gay man”, actually he was trans, petite and looked somewhat feminine due to the stage of his transition. 

So, don’t dismiss the problem as non existent. It’s very real.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1