IOMs most pointless vigil?

Cueey Lewis And The News

I don’t think for one minute that certain groups in society, don’t have issues or are subject to hateful, spiteful and harassment due to the actions of a few ignorant idiots. I don’t think that the vigil is pointless (it’s drawing attention to a cause), I think the person in question organising the vigil is a very polarising and divisive figure, who’s motives are hard to figure, except to wind up the establishment, and in part jump on to every bandwagon that is fashionable.

Incidentally - amphitheatre not amphitheater (we are UK English), and I would hardly of thought of the outside of the Sefton as having amphitheatre qualities. Perhaps he thinks the Villa Marina Gardens are the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? 

Edited by 2112

If I state I do not care what anybody is or wants to be, I have no opinion on the subject people should be what they want to be without harming themselves or other people. Because of my statement and because I do not care, is the statement "therfore I must be part of the problem because I do not care" going to be shouted. Which will not affect me as it will just be stowed away with every thing else I do not give a toss about, and believe me it is a very large warehouse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

Would add, that vigil is not the right term.  But, hey, we know what they mean. 

No vigil seems to be the right term in modern usage.  Here's Collins for example:

A vigil is a period of time when people remain quietly in a place, especially at night, for example because they are praying or are making a political protest.

Calling that area an 'amphitheatre' is bonkers though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

Cueey, today is the first time I've noticed your attitude and I'm going to have to mention it, it's totally unnecessary. We're all here just having a chat, passing opinions around, I think you're a bit confrontational in the way you post.

You think??   Cueey seems to be a Premier League soapboxer. There seems to be simply no issue that he won’t noisily tub thump about in order to attract attention to himself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You think??   Cueey seems to be a Premier League soapboxer. There seems to be simply no issue that he won’t noisily tub thump about in order to attract attention to himself.

I’m sure it’s much more fun being that than a sad twisted and bitter low level troll that’s just a constant cowardly whiney noise in the background like internet tinnitus. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I’m sure it’s much more fun being that than a sad twisted and bitter low level troll that’s just a constant cowardly whiney noise in the background like internet tinnitus. 

Strange how most posters have realised you’re a complete moron who reacts with abuse to anyone who dares criticise you!! Now where have we seen this before? Offshore Manx, Brit, Ramsey Boi who else?

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Strange how most posters have realised you’re a complete moron who reacts with abuse to anyone who dares criticise you!!

The forum bullshitter speaks through their arse again. I haven’t offered abuse to anyone. Unlike yourself who seems to wander round freely abusing all and sundry on here. When will Fantasy Dave be showing up to like your post? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The forum bullshitter speaks through their arse again. I haven’t offered abuse to anyone. Unlike yourself who seems to wander round freely abusing all and sundry on here. When will Fantasy Dave be showing up to like your post? 

As someone once said “get a room you two”