IOMs most pointless vigil?

Cueey Lewis And The News

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think they are having the opposite effect to what they are trying to achieve though? People may be talking about it, but are coming to different conclusions than the protesters perhaps?

Probably depends on your social circle and the content promoted to you on social media. Being a filthy communist I see a fair amount of sympathy for the protesters in my various feeds. Almost impossible to know whether overall sentiment is positive or negative, and how many more supporters who actually care about the topic have been created Vs potential supporters/neutrals who have been put off.

But it is effective in causing the Govt to take notice.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Definitely more people talking about Oil than would be if Just Stop Oil didn't exist. Some of it not positive, but most protests that have actually caused changes to Govt policy have been disruptive. It's the only language the Govt speaks...

The only thing I see with stop oil is people talking about how annoying they are and pointing out the hypocrisy of them. I don't see much talking about oil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Yeah but some people are thick as pig shit.

Many people are as thick as pig shit. I’d probably suggest anyone wishing to preach a dogma that literally defies the science of biology just to reinforce their own self belief that they might be something they biologically aren’t might be viewed as equally thick as pig shit. Most people don’t have any issue with any of the trans agenda other than the militant attempt at trying to defy conventional science just because it makes some people feel better. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

1 minute ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Many people are as thick as pig shit. I’d probably suggest anyone wishing to preach a dogma that literally defies the science of biology just to reinforce their own self belief that they might be something they biologically aren’t might be viewed as equally thick as pig shit. 

Yeah, bloody gays right?

Just now, HeliX said:

Yeah, bloody gays right?

Another silly woke argument. None of the trans ideology has got anything to do with “gays”. Most people accept most things. But trying to bully people into accepting that centuries old biological science doesn’t exist as it makes some people feel better is what winds many people up. People can be whatever they want to be but that doesn’t change biological science in any way. In the same way that insisting the earth is flat doesn’t make it flat. 

5 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Another silly woke argument. None of the trans ideology has got anything to do with “gays”. Most people accept most things. But trying to bully people into accepting that centuries old biological science doesn’t exist as it makes some people feel better is what winds many people up. People can be whatever they want to be but that doesn’t change biological science in any way. In the same way that insisting the earth is flat doesn’t make it flat. 

Where do you put physiological anomalies that leads to an indeterminate sex and then an assignment of one or other at birth?   

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Where do you put physiological anomalies that leads to an indeterminate sex and then an assignment of one or other at birth?   

Exactly where biology puts them - intersex. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.