Joe Public

They, or rather it, does not rule but has a not insignificant role in the course of our Parliament.

The drawing in from the general population has not been a good experiment and it is time to go back to the tried and tested system of primarily drawing from the existing members of the House of Keys.

Anyone feeling they have something to offer our community can then stand in the resulting vacant Keys seat, rather than trying to sneak into Tynwald through the back door

Edited by Barlow
typo
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is this a reference to the band that used to play in Peppermint Palace on Victoria Street in the 1980’s 

Wonder what they’re doing now?

Used to love a late night burger in there! Wasn't it run by Alan Gough the lawyer and his squeeze?

Just now, finlo said:

Used to love a late night burger in there! Wasn't it run by Alan Gough the lawyer and his squeeze?

I don’t recall but had a few good nights in there.

Usually on the upper floor. Became the Carpet House at some stage if I recall. Maybe not immediately after.
I’m sure John W can enlighten us. He has his uses!

Used to be the Misses Sayle’s, then Joes Caff, then Peppermint Palace. PP indeed run by Alexa Jones, who became Alexa Gough. Wasn’t Carpet House in the old Burtons/Rural library building, on corner of Victoria/Duke St? Mike Allen was also in the Sayle’s/JC/PP building.