DOI can’t remember how many it’s secretly paid off

Cueey Lewis And The News

Just now, Numbnuts said:

That’s fine if you really believe the DOI don’t know. I don’t believe for one minute they don’t. Just don’t want to give out them as they will be a shit show .

Technically it's not about who 'knows' but who owns the data, which will be OHR in this case.  I suspect that there may not even be any information given then as the FoI question (ref 3522217) was restricted to one month: how many claims for unfair dismissal were settled by the Department of Infrastructure in January 2023. Please provide data which shows the value of any payments.  So that the most likely answer to the first question would be "one" and we all now know who that would be.

Manx Radio did get some figures out of Cabinet Office (ref: 2886099) earlier in the year which were discussed on Manx Forums at the time.  These included "[...] payments between April 2017 and December 2022  [for] loss of office such as MARS, voluntary redundancy, compulsory redundancy and severance payments.", so Spake's payment wouldn't have been included.

Not just the DOI all Government Departments use the golden handshake to get rid or the retired with stress card not forgetting gardening leave or long suspensions it is frightening and probably just as well we don’t get to know the figures involved the population would probably go into deep depression and lose hope entirely.  

7 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Not just the DOI all Government Departments use the golden handshake to get rid or the retired with stress card not forgetting gardening leave or long suspensions it is frightening and probably just as well we don’t get to know the figures involved the population would probably go into deep depression and lose hope entirely.  

that ship sailed years ago...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

That’s fine if you really believe the DOI don’t know. I don’t believe for one minute they don’t. Just don’t want to give out them as they will be a shit show .

Isn’t Crookall’s statement that DOI aren’t coping the same as admitting they’re a shit show? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Isn’t Crookall’s statement that DOI aren’t coping the same as admitting they’re a shit show? 

And just how long has it taken somebody to get round to making this statement, even though it has been abundant public knowledge for at least 10 years?

On this pace, it will take another 10+ years to actually sort anything out.

9 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Again. I think the fact that 3FM reported this as news might be confusing you.

Human resources have the info on tribunals.  That's been stated so it's rather stupid to suggest lying and secrets when the source of records have been declared by the DOI and when Human Resources are yet to be requested for the information.

Your views only have any basis if human resources have received the FOI and they came back with nothing

15 hours ago, Anyone said:

I think Human Resources departments should be outlawed. No reason really but just outlaw them anyway. Bound to improve life in general once said outlawing comes into effect.

Whoever wrote the FOI knew that someone got a big bung in January which is exactly why they have found a reason not to have the information.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Anyone said:

I think Human Resources departments should be outlawed. No reason really but just outlaw them anyway. Bound to improve life in general once said outlawing comes into effect.

But what would we do with all those posh bossy women who love jargon?  They'll just organise even more awards ceremonies.

• Haha 2