Digital Isle 2023

Amadeus

16 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

giphy.gif

Generally nothing wrong with that as long as it was checked for bias, factual basis, etc.

I want to be excited about the whole AI thing but I’m missing the “where’s the money” point. AI Biosphere sounds like just another buzzword bingo thing. Maybe I’m missing something here. He wants us to compete with the likes of Singapore. I’m all for that but I also know who and what we have here to make it happen, to be polite. There was talk about an AI 2030 strategy. Seems too far ahead. Nobody knows what the AI world will be like in six years. We probably have AGI already and everything has changed. Tricky one to get right I guess. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

What's the alternative to the ESG session?

Electronic transaction reform. (Digital signatures). 

Genuinely unsure which is duller.

9 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Yup. Half the room left at the start. 

IMG_8141.jpeg

IMG_8140.jpeg

Zero fucks given.

The lack of renewable energy impacting MT tendering for data centres was interesting though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Generally nothing wrong with that as long as it was checked for bias, factual basis, etc.

It's a bit cliche and gimmicky. That's perhaps the most important slide, a manifesto of how we move forward in a responsible manner. Mentioning words like 'we the AI community' want to do the following and then using an LLM to output the result is shit IMO, there's no we at all.

49 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Well my panel was after lunch and we’re nominated in the awards later so I had to stay :) 

Of course there are awards. of course.  As if we weren't all depressed enough.

I counted 17 nominations for Tech Business of the Year alone for "Tech business operating in the Isle of Man ecosystem" (or the Isle of Man as it used to be known).  With that number I would imagine the Misses Moore Wool Shop is in there somewhere.

• Like 1