Digital Isle 2023

Amadeus

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Electronic transaction reform. (Digital signatures). 

Genuinely unsure which is duller.

Zero fucks given.

The lack of renewable energy impacting MT tendering for data centres was interesting though.

They've been saying that ever since M and S took the green energy. Nothing for anybody else.

Digital Isle of Man: https://www.digitalisleofman.com/

"Digital Isle of Man supports the tech sector, developing and implementing a strategy to support sustainable economic growth and establishing the island as a centre of international excellence for the digital economy."

Why does it not surprise me then that they don't support the local tech sector by hosting with a cheap UK hosting company like Fasthosts. Only a small thing I guess, but they could at least host it locally.

image.png.366e79f3b372d27bb09e2b3fad053f86.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

FFS........ an award for "AI FOR GOVERNMENT: Create a solution that enables the sharing of data across the Isle of Man Government within a trust framework." 🙄

I thought the same. Seems like they want another free app like the bus tracking system the kids created

10 hours ago, cissolt said:

I thought the same. Seems like they want another free app like the bus tracking system the kids created

I was thinking that IOMG has failed thus far to achieve joined up government (seems it's beyond them in the conventional sense) that they are pinning their hopes on AI to make it happen. None of this is going to happen anytime soon, if at all. What about the "one" government entity that was supposed to happen?

You really couldn't make this shit up. These people are space cadets.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Looked pretty poorly attended from the pictures Ive seen.

Usual bloated DFE numbers being touted and lots of ideas.

Nope.  It was actually packed.  Until the presentation on CSR, when everyone scarpered for coffee or to the alternative presentation - assuming you are basing on Amadeus photos earlier.

Edited by The Phantom

8 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I was thinking that IOMG has failed thus far to achieve joined up government (seems it's beyond them in the conventional sense) that they are pinning their hopes on AI to make it happen. None of this is going to happen anytime soon, if at all. What about the "one" government entity that was supposed to happen?

You really couldn't make this shit up. These people are space cadets.

For them it's this year's blockchain - a word to be used a lot to show they hang out with the cool kids.

Mind you, given that most government reports already read like they were written by ChatGPT, and the only approved form of 'action' appears to be writing reports, we could presumably replace most of them with a 14-year old popping in occasionally after school to program in a few instructions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Nope.  It was actually packed.  Until the presentation on CSR, when everyone scarpered for coffee or to the alternative presentation - assuming you are basing on Amadeus photos earlier.

There's always someone who says that about every conference. 

Usually a stock response and either based on nothing or an individual photo.