Eastern Recycling Jobsworths

John Wright

55 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Fantasist.

We don’t believe you.

No it’s you that people don’t believe Fantasy Dave. Nice to see you still not paying attention to or replying to any of my posts. 

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

Had to replace a small fridge I keep in my en-suite for medicines and cold water and  ( soft ) drinks.

I think I paid £50 for it 10+ years ago. Replacement cost £90.

Willing to pay the £36 fee.

Would they take it? No. Why? It is lockable, therefore it must be commercial. They don’t take commercial waste.

It’s a cube, 15”x15”x15”.

Is it any wonder people fly tip.

Asked if allowed to remove door. No!

Never had a problem with them in all the years I have had to take stuff down there. Mind you if you talk to them the way you talk to people on here, it's not surprising they were unhelpful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Never had a problem with them in all the years I have had to take stuff down there. Mind you if you talk to them the way you talk to people on here, it's not surprising they were unhelpful

I do find there are people who seem to always get poor service or attitude from staff in places where I never have an issue.

Its a mystery 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Good to see someone is being environmentally responsible.

It’s no different to what they’d do to it at the tip. I just save myself some money. 
When I cut it up I was surprised that it was just basically kingspan covered in plastic. The inner materials of a fridge had never occurred to me until then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

It’s no different to what they’d do to it at the tip. I just save myself some money. 
When I cut it up I was surprised that it was just basically kingspan covered in plastic. The inner materials of a fridge had never occurred to me until then. 

I thought it was the gas that was the issue. Yeah, everything else is just your common or garden materials. Quite a bit of steel too.

11 hours ago, Gizo said:

Yes , in a previous life used to build Coldrooms to hang meat and poultry in. Just basically timber stud work lined with a heavy coarse polystyrene like product then a  bitumen coating sealing it all. A temperature resistant wall type board then fixed on. Very simple with the compressor mounted separately outside and condenser inside. It’s moved on lots since then (early 70’s) but principal is still the same .

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:03 PM, Moghrey Mie said:

When I lived in England we had a bulky waste collection for items of furniture and fridges etc. Initially it was free but now £20-£30 per item.

You can arrange collection on-line.

England has to pay for all the free services in Scotland.

• Like 1