Laxey Beach

Nellie

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Someone then gets a contract to shift shit around for a decade

No....Someone got an extremely generous contract to shift shit around for a decade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

No....Someone got an extremely generous contract to shift shit around for a decade.

Yes but councils are perpetuated on handing out ridiculous contracts to mates. Didn’t that guy retire to a France? Then they had to think about what to do next which precipitated the removal of the groynes. 

29 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The problem you seem to have with Douglas is that DBC always know’s best. You have an architect on council who will swear that getting rid of the groynes is the best thing they’ve done in a while. While it looks to most people that it’s got infinitely worse since they removed the groynes. Someone then gets a contract to shift shit around for a decade or so when really maybe they should have just got Island Drainage down there for a week with a team of diggers to dig it all out and see what happens before the taxpayer spent a million quid on a wall that’s going to block the view. 

I really despair of DBC, the beach is in dire need of having some serious maintenance and we are looking at a bunch of unqualified experts making expensive decisions on things they don't understand! 

The promenade lighting is a case in point, the place looks like an industrial estate at night, at the whim of an egotistical council leader! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I really despair of DBC

It seems that most people have had enough of politicians (national and local) across the board. The trick in the IOM seems to be to try to be successful under your own steam as that might set you apart from the frauds trying to milk others for cash and credibility to make up for their failings. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I really despair of DBC, the beach is in dire need of having some serious maintenance and we are looking at a bunch of unqualified experts making expensive decisions on things they don't understand! 

The promenade lighting is a case in point, the place looks like an industrial estate at night, at the whim of an egotistical council leader! 

Indeed. Quite depressing really. Not a patch on the previous lighting arrangement.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

An egotistical council leader who has a pr company to handle her Comms and she can't even manage an email account. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cissolt said:

An egotistical council leader who has a pr company to handle her Comms and she can't even manage an email account. 

An interesting view. I was talking to someone quite high up in IFGL the other day and I remain surprised how the council leader manages to hang on to their job. You always think the private sector is harder than the public sector.  Maybe not. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Yes but councils are perpetuated on handing out ridiculous contracts to mates. Didn’t that guy retire to a France? Then they had to think about what to do next which precipitated the removal of the groynes. 

it you're on about  ed i saw him a few weeks back in strand street.

13 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

An interesting view. I was talking to someone quite high up in IFGL the other day and I remain surprised how the council leader manages to hang on to their job. You always think the private sector is harder than the public sector.  Maybe not. 

Why would a senior business person speak to an idiot like you another fantasy story!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Complain when candidates are returned unopposed but then effectively suggest their political popularity should affect their professional lives.

Full credit for Cllr Wells for putting up with it all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why would a senior business person speak to an idiot like you another fantasy story!

You’re the fantasy bullshitter bullshit boy.