Isle Take a Stand

Andy Onchan

I wish them luck. There is total dissatisfaction with both the HoK and Tynpotwald as a whole, both collectively and individually. Those you would expect to make a difference have done nothing, remained silent and concentrated on hobby horse issues. 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Manxweegie said:

Nah the hair dye told me right away they expect everything and will moan about anything. Should probably be members on here!

I'm glad to see you used 'they' and didn't stumble into a pronoun minefield. 

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Have they made any suggestions as to how things improve, or are they just disapproving in general?

I don't think they're about finding suggestions or solutions. They're barbers, not economists or business visionaries. They're just expressing their general dissatisfaction with the current situation, having a small-scale demo. Unless it spirals into a Solidarnosc  movement, it will be unlikely to achieve much. Shame they don't think of standing for office, or founding a party, but then that's not for everyone. 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I wish them luck. There is total dissatisfaction with both the HoK and Tynpotwald as a whole, both collectively and individually. Those you would expect to make a difference have done nothing, remained silent and concentrated on hobby horse issues. 

How many people turned up? More than Katie Hopkins?

6 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

How many people turned up? More than Katie Hopkins?

The demo is next Tuesday 12 December 2023, 10am-2pm outside the Tynpotwald Building. It’s the last sitting of 2023. 

It’s not the number of people, it’s the groundswell of public anger, disappointment and bewilderment that people feel. Some are prepared to express this openly. Maybe the momentum will build into a more grassroots opposition to the current administration?