Peel sewage treatment

CrazyDave

The omissions by the Cab Office and MUA are rather odd, especially as the info may have affected the permission??? However, being investigated as 'malpractice'?

Arrogance???

The appeal has been made and democracy means it has to proceed.

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, sewage goes through sewerage. 

There is a surf spot down south called 'Sewerage' although I always called it 'Sewers' as it'd just easier to say! 

Although the actual sewage pipe hasn't run for years and I can never remember it ever being particularly faecal down there. 

So the field next to proposed plant has had planning permission since 2010 and  nothing has been done with it,  I thought planning permission was null and void after seven years but apparently I was wrong.   I really hope this appeal is refused and Peel gets their sewage plant.    There is too much of Builders buying up green field areas and then letting it lie empty for years.     We do need more affordable housing but there are brown field sites that should be used.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

So the field next to proposed plant has had planning permission since 2010 and  nothing has been done with it,  I thought planning permission was null and void after seven years but apparently I was wrong.   I really hope this appeal is refused and Peel gets their sewage plant.    There is too much of Builders buying up green field areas and then letting it lie empty for years.     We do need more affordable housing but there are brown field sites that should be used.

In time honoured fashion they commenced work then stopped in 2011.  The time limit applies to commencement, so a bit of groundwork and you're done. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

In time honoured fashion they commenced work then stopped in 2011.  The time limit applies to commencement, so a bit of groundwork and you're done. 

Kind of weakens their case a bit doesn't it. Not officially of course.

Implementing a planning approval means substantially commencing works, so doing groundwork and beginning foundations would probably amount to ‘commencement’. Having a letter from Building Control saying xyz was done that doesn’t pass muster as commencement of the planning application itself is a different thing. The argument was run and rejected first time round.

https://www.footanstey.com/our-insights/articles-news/planning-101-implementation/