Rally for a free Palestine

Mouthpiece

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Good on him, you're not obliged to go along, are you?

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing just that it always seems to be the usual suspects putting on these rallies depending on what wave of indignation is washing through Twitter this week. No I won’t be going. As you say nobody is obliged to go and as I said above the Douglas Council member must now rival Colin McRae’s record for rally appearances as he seems to be in one every other week about something. 

30 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing just that it always seems to be the usual suspects putting on these rallies depending on what wave of indignation is washing through Twitter this week. No I won’t be going. As you say nobody is obliged to go and as I said above the Douglas Council member must now rival Colin McRae’s record for rally appearances as he seems to be in one every other week about something. 

Yes, how dare some people care about world events and actually try and do something about the opression of others. Especially more than once or on different issues. Down with this sort of thing.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Venus said:

Yes, how dare some people care about world events and actually try and do something about the opression of others. Especially more than once or on different issues. Down with this sort of thing.

The thing is a gathering in Douglas in the Isle of Man isn't going to change anything. It's an excuse for people to make themselves feel good and act all righteous. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Venus said:

How is this even caring about world events? Makes literally zero impact on the situation and it just being done so those who organise and attend can give themselves a pat on the back about how righteous and good they are.

Perhaps they should try dipping their hands in their pockets and supporting charities trying to improve the situation on the ground, rather than doing literally the bare minimum. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Venus said:

Yes, how dare some people care about world events and actually try and do something about the opression of others. 

I know you’re just attempting to inflame things but that’s not what I said. I just said that it appears that the guy is the sort of guy who would go to a protest about anything to be honest it’s not just Palestine. It doesn’t seem to matter what the actual cause is and it will be something entirely different next week when something else is trending on Twitter. Because it feels like these sort of people are either looking to get angry about everything, or just looking for attention. Like anyone is going to listen to a few professional antagonists standing on a windy pavement in the IOM.

Edited by Mouthpiece
Typo
  • Like 4