Rally for a free Palestine

Mouthpiece

18 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, for those who weren't aware, Israel is carrying out a full ethnic cleanse of the gaza strip and its up there as one of the very worst things to happen in the world in my lifetime, so people ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHOULD OBJECT

While you're at it you could perhaps object to the hundreds of Islamist terrorist attacks on innocent civilians all over the world, just in this century alone. Go back further if that's not enough of a sickener for you. Compare it to the number of Jewish/Israeli terror attacks on innocent civilians over the same period. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

While you're at it you could perhaps object to the hundreds of Islamist terrorist attacks on innocent civilians all over the world, just in this century alone. Go back further if that's not enough of a sickener for you. Compare it to the number of Jewish/Israeli terror attacks on innocent civilians over the same period. 

Is there maybe a difference between terror attacks that everyone already condemns and the Israeli Govt massacring civilians with the support of most Western governments?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

its up there as one of the very worst things to happen in the world in my lifetime

Err what ....!

Approximately 1million Muslims alone have died in wars in the last 25 years. 

Iraq 300k 

Syria 600k

Afghanistan 200k

Myanmar 30k

Gaza is just one of countless cities destroyed in conflict. 

Khartoum, Grozny, Allepo, Mariopol, Mosul.

I realise the west has an obsession with Israel but it is a rounding error in the annuals of destruction written this century. 

I fully get in a pluralistic society individuals are allowed to prioritise their causes but genuinely remove your blinkers. When it comes to blood shed the world is a nasty place with many many far worse things happening in the world which you've shrugged about in helplessness rather than got so exercised about. 

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Err what ....!

Approximately 1million Muslims alone have died in wars in the last 25 years. 

Iraq 300k 

Syria 600k

Afghanistan 200k

Myanmar 30k

Gaza is just one of countless cities destroyed in conflict. 

Khartoum, Grozny, Allepo, Mariopol, Mosul.

I realise the west has an obsession with Israel but it is a rounding error in the annuals of destruction written this century. 

I fully get in a pluralistic society individuals are allowed to prioritise their causes but genuinely remove your blinkers. When it comes to blood shed the world is a nasty place with many many far worse things happening in the world which you've shrugged about in helplessness rather than got so exercised about. 

There's a difference between a war and what is happening in Gaza with the backing of the west.

More Russians than Jews died in WW2 but you'd be hard pressed to argue what happened to the Jews wasn't uniquely abhorrent.

It is incongruous that none of them were about putting up posters of dead babies on such a wide scale in London when George Bush and Tony Blair were bombing the shit out of Muslims in Iraqi. 

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It is incongruous that none of them were about putting up posters of dead babies on such a wide scale in London when George Bush and Tony Blair were bombing the shit out of Muslims in Iraqi. 

Er, you don't remember the Iraq war protests?

• Like 1

I read After Victory and met John Ikenberry while studying in the US. 

The most pressing issue Israel faces is exactly the same one Colin Powell raised prior to the invasion of Iraq.

"You need to understand, if you take out a government, take out a regime, guess who becomes the government and regime and is responsible for the country? You are. So if you break it, you own it."

What Israel is going to do once they've removed Hamas from power will be a defining moment in Middle East history. Likely as important as 1967 or 1973. 

Israel IS going to remove Hamas from power. But that's not the important issue. The question is what then.

Goodness I hope there is some wise leadership from both sides. I just don't know. It seems rather absent up to now. 

21 hours ago, NoTail said:

Anyone here wish to join a rally to remove income tax?

Hey how about a protest down at the Sefton 'Ampitheatre' (snigger) to protest about the Bishop's vote in Tynwald.

I think Lawrie and Dev could rustle that one up together.

• Like 1