Rally for a free Palestine

Mouthpiece

On 12/7/2023 at 3:17 PM, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, for those who weren't aware, Israel is carrying out a full ethnic cleanse of the gaza strip and its up there as one of the very worst things to happen in the world in my lifetime, so people ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHOULD OBJECT

Go read some history about ethnic cleansing, Jews and the Palestinian problem. When you have learned something, come back here and post about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joebean said:

Go read some history about ethnic cleansing, Jews and the Palestinian problem. When you have learned something, come back here and post about it. 

Raz Segal, Israeli professor of Holocaust and genocide studies says it's a genocide.

Norman Finkelstein, political scientist who's spent his life studying the Holocaust and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict says it's a genocide.

Omer Bartov, Israeli professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies says it's a genocide.

There are countless others. Perhaps it's not Teapot who needs to learn something?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There are almost two million Palestinians/Arabs living in Israel. They get to vote and have the same rights as Israelis. They make up about 20% of the population. They are part of the long term solution to the conflict. Funny sort of genocide ?

Perhaps you should write to the Israeli scholars to educate them on the rights of Palestinians in Israel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

Raz Segal, Israeli professor of Holocaust and genocide studies says it's a genocide.

Norman Finkelstein, political scientist who's spent his life studying the Holocaust and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict says it's a genocide.

Omer Bartov, Israeli professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies says it's a genocide.

There are countless others. Perhaps it's not Teapot who needs to learn something?

Still playing the "genocide" card.

The stated aim of Hamas, Hezbollah and their sponsor Iran is the annihilation of the State of Israel.

Why aren't you railing against them?

Ah yes, doesn't suit your narrative...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The stated aim of Hamas, Hezbollah and their sponsor Iran is the annihilation of the State of Israel.

I am anti-Hamas, as I have mentioned many times. But they are not currently being supported by any Governments that I have anything to do with, as I have mentioned many times.

7 hours ago, HeliX said:

Is Israel's current strategy likely to kill more extremists than it creates?

Possibly.

The assault by Hamas was brutal in the extreme. Probably to provoke the IDF to launch an immediate ground incursion which would lead to lots of IDF casualties.

But they didn't. Modern warfare, especially against vermin like Hamas, is not to sink to their level but to concentrate on their destruction with as few casualties on your own side as possible. Basically you need to manoeuvre their forces into such a position where they can essentially be massacred from a position of safety.

Personally I think the bluster about "destroying Hamas" was a mistake. When the IDF run out of murderous thugs to kill all Hamas (or anyone else for that matter) has to do is video a hundred or so masked idiots running around with AK's to claim Israel has failed in it's stated objective to destroy Hamas ie victory to Islamic nutters.

Now there's no point in having the regions best Air capability and access to US intelligence resources if you don't use them. So they told the Palestinians in the North to get out of the target area ASAFP. I just couldn't believe it that families, with children, didn't heed the advice and deliberately stayed in the danger zone with the inevitable consequences.

So the IDF started reducing the Hamas capability with an air assault following the modern doctrine of using firepower to protect your own ground forces. How very American. The downside to this was the inevitable civilian  casualties amongst those who chose to stay behind.

However the firepower demonstration with it's sheer destructiveness may well in the future give pause to those who think that supporting a bunch of murderous thugs is worth the devastation and lives lost brought about due to their actions against IsraeI...

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How very American. The downside to this was the inevitable civilian  casualties amongst those who chose to stay behind.

Or those who moved to places Israel told them to and then were bombed anyway.

However the firepower demonstration with it's sheer destructiveness may well in the future give pause to those who think that supporting a bunch of murderous thugs is worth the devastation and lives lost brought about due to their actions against IsraeI...

It won't. Terrorists don't give a shit about anyone's lives.

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

My stated aim is to be a billionaire with a metre stick between his legs, yet here I am. 

7 hours ago, HeliX said:

Or those who moved to places Israel told them to and then were bombed anyway.

It won't. Terrorists don't give a shit about anyone's lives.

Give it a rest. The target acquisition in the south was nowhere like the intensity in Gaza City and you know it. Mind you, things move on...

As I posted looking at the death and destruction it might make some realise that supporting a bunch of no-hoper  murderous thugs is probably not a good idea after all...

17 hours ago, HeliX said:

Well, they've tried repeatedly murdering Palestinians over the last 75 years, "mowing the lawn" as they'd put it, and that's certainly not worked. They've not tried ending their illegal occupation and settlement of the West Bank, stopping their violations of international law, and not withholding food, water and electricity from the Gaza strip.

Maybe that's worth a go. Certainly less motivating for terrorists?

So in your view, in response to Hamas' actions on October 7th, Israel shouldn't have launched military action against them? They should have said, fair enough we will stop occupying the West Bank if you return the hostages. Apart from being naive and unrealistic, that would surely have encouraged Hamas to commit further atrocities in order to extract further concessions from Israel. So not less motivating for terrorists.