Cheats ousted.

CrazyDave

There are a couple of very unpleasant Facebook groups popped up locally where people are naming and shaming people who have cheated or been abusive in relationships.

I guess the theory is sound and based on good intentions, but I really can’t see it taking long before police or the crisis team are involved with some of the stuff that is allegedly being posted.

Whats the score with someone being named and shamed with or without any evidence in a private and hidden group?  What is to stop a bitter ex just making stuff up to ruin someone’s life?

It seems like the darker side of social media.  Especially in a community so small.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

Been caught out? 

Nope.  Not stupid or brave enough.

A wife, two sisters, and three sister in laws plus lots of her friends and some particularly scary colleagues who would make my life an absolute misery.

Not that I would ever cheat on anyone or abuse them anyway, and especially not the woman who has changed my world and completed my life.

Edited by CrazyDave

Well the delightful Nick Crowe was recently busted for similar. 

Fell out with someone working at Balla, so accused them on FB of being a Paedo and wrote a letter to the school. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-school-worker-falsely-labelled-danger-nonce-in-malicious-online-post-652277?fbclid=IwAR0XEl-t0lYenX_wkL6wYye0lPpQ-WL_yeWgtFg1ltsEMiWF7RHpMQeHN5Q

Wasn't there someone up around the Strang that was notorious for it too, accusing random people of being nonces etc.  I think he ultimately got charged as well. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Fell out with someone working at Balla, so accused them on FB of being a Paedo and wrote a letter to the school. 

Wasn't there someone up around the Strang that was notorious for it too, accusing random people of being nonces etc.  I think he got ultimately got charged as well. 

Andrew Fenton. 

Nick Crowe is brilliant when he’s on one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Wasn't there someone up around the Strang that was notorious for it too, accusing random people of being nonces etc.  I think he got ultimately got charged as well. 

I was surprised that Crowe only got away with a fine, it was quite appalling behaviour and the accusation seemed based on nothing but spite. 

Fenton is another one who seems to get off very lightly in his various legal appearances.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

There are a couple of very unpleasant Facebook groups popped up locally where people are naming and shaming people who have cheated or been abusive in relationships.

I guess the theory is sound and based on good intentions, but I really can’t see it taking long before police or the crisis team are involved with some of the stuff that is allegedly being posted.

Whats the score with someone being named and shamed with or without any evidence in a private and hidden group?  What is to stop a bitter ex just making stuff up to ruin someone’s life?

It seems like the darker side of social media.  Especially in a community so small.

It's initially funny at first glance, wife was showing me some of the posts - and we both could quite clearly identify one of the accused - who has deleted all his social media profiles - it could be quite sinister.

However I did laugh at the comment when they were told not to post full names or photos "Can you post half a photo of a their head ?"

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It's initially funny at first glance, wife was showing me some of the posts - and we both could quite clearly identify one of the accused - who has deleted all his social media profiles - it could be quite sinister.

However I did laugh at the comment when they were told not to post full names or photos "Can you post half a photo of a their head ?"

Yep.

Initially amusing but with a real chance to screw someone’s life up if someone saw fit.

It needs shutting down ASAP, but maybe I am just a middle aged stuck in the mud?  

For fear of sounding like The Voice of Reason, there is a definite “type” that would post on there and air all their dirty laundry in public.

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was surprised that Crowe only got away with a fine, it was quite appalling behaviour and the accusation seemed based on nothing but spite. 

The issue being he literally doesn’t give a shit and has no filter.

I wonder when this Facebook Group will chalk up its first suicide? 

1 minute ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

The issue being he literally doesn’t give a shit and has no filter.

I wonder when this Facebook Group will chalk up its first suicide? 

Hopefully it will be shut down pretty quickly.  Very unpleasant indeed and a sad reflection of the world we live in unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Nope.  Not stupid or brave enough.

A wife, two sisters, and three sister in laws plus lots of her friends and some particularly scary colleagues who would make my life an absolute misery.

Not that I would ever cheat on anyone or abuse them anyway, and especially not the woman who has changed my world and completed my life.

with that many women in  your life i doubt you could get any more miserable.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 5