Are Manx Telecom ageist?

Oh Mona

I have seen MT laying the fibre it is just like a long plastic hosepipe and it is being threaded through the manholes they are just lifting the manholes and pulling it through.   I asked them and they confirmed this.   Apparently, according to the Daily Mail there has been problems with the pendants that some of the elderly wear to get assistance something to do with fibre and wifi.   Not being of a technical nature I didn’t get the drift.

39 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I swapped back to them from Sure a couple of months ago (for no better reason than their signal is better in my house). They gave me a free SIM card with £20 free credit. 

Perhaps it was an incentive to change provider? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, CrazyDave said:

£96 a month here though isn’t it?

If its £55 then I am in

On 12/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, John Wright said:

£75 for a fixed connection.

But there’s a multi location package for €85. If I could configure my system to work here and Spain on one subscription I’d be quids in.

My subscription in Spain has just gone down to £35/€40 a month.

Ive been out here 3 weeks now. No service issues. Full uk iptv package, work vpn, good speeds.  Averaging 300 down and 30 up.

Im assuming UK and IoM prices will do the same.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, John Wright said:

My subscription in Spain has just gone down to £35/€40 a month.

Ive been out here 3 weeks now. No service issues. Full uk iptv package, work vpn, good speeds.  Averaging 300 down and 30 up.

Im assuming UK and IoM prices will do the same.

Has that cut in your subscription been EU-induced though, John?

45 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Has that cut in your subscription been EU-induced though, John?

No.

Coincidentally, or not, it was unannounced, but introduced after the provincial authority published plans to extend fibre to the isolated urbanisation I live in out here.

Previously we were told it wouldn’t happen. My basic copper land line was switched off, 31/12, not that it could be used for internet. That cost €39 a month. Needed it for alarm monitoring, now done via internet. Previous internet was a microwave link system. €55 a month, 8 down and 2 up.

Fibre cabling to rural towns has really moved apace in the last 12 months. They paint a blue line on the road edge when it’s done, so it’s easy to follow progress. The next valley is already done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I'mm sure MT are getting the pigs fed, watered and ready to fly.

What MT do, or don’t do is nothing to do with what Starlink may, or may not do.