Stage Lighting

Two-lane

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

When it's the Government paying that could be any age.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the sound or lightning at either venue tbh.

Chalk that up to the guys working there keeping everything going despite the last investment being almost 20 years ago.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, loaf said:

Chalk that up to the guys working there keeping everything going despite the last investment being almost 20 years ago.

No doubt work has been done to keep things working. Are these systems mechanically or electronically complex?

[I have some vintage Quad amplifiers that will work well - when I get around to fixing them...]

But is £1.6 million a reasonable figure for theatres with a catchement area of 80,000 people (most of whom think that 4 miles is a long way to travel)?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

But is £1.6 million a reasonable figure for theatres with a catchement area of 80,000 people (most of whom think that 4 miles is a long way to travel)?

£1.6 million over the 19 years since the last major refit it's the cost of a little over an MHK's standard salary per annum. I'd rather get rid of one of our numerous gravy trainers than reduce the viability as a venue for visiting artists because it's too costly to ship in a lighting and sound package each time.

If the Villa/Gaiety goes into decline and out of action, you'll have to travel a bit further than 4 miles to see a decent show.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Yes.

But you’ll get the whining from the usual suspects who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, loaf said:

£1.6 million over the 19 years since the last major refit it's the cost of a little over an MHK's standard salary per annum. 

It’s a lot of nurses salaries though when we can’t even provide acceptable levels of healthcare. I’m sure if you asked, 99% of IOM taxpayers would prefer £1.6M to be spent on the NHS than some new lights on a little used venue. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, loaf said:

£1.6 million over the 19 years since the last major refit it's the cost of a little over an MHK's standard salary per annum. I'd rather get rid of one of our numerous gravy trainers than reduce the viability as a venue for visiting artists because it's too costly to ship in a lighting and sound package each time.

If the Villa/Gaiety goes into decline and out of action, you'll have to travel a bit further than 4 miles to see a decent show.

Big, decent shows always have their own lights and sound. Any changes made will not impact really big shows. 

• Like 1