Stage Lighting

Two-lane

12 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Big, decent shows always have their own lights and sound. Any changes made will not impact really big shows. 

OK, how many 'big decent shows' do you think have visited the island with their own lights and sound in the past 10 years?
Edit: 20 years, 30 years for that matter.

Edited by loaf
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s a lot of nurses salaries though when we can’t even provide acceptable levels of healthcare. I’m sure if you asked, 99% of IOM taxpayers would prefer £1.6M to be spent on the NHS than some new lights on a little used venue. 

Why does every item of Government spending be compared to nurses salaries?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why does every item of Government spending be compared to nurses salaries?

Because we need to prioritize spending on front line services that are of value to us all like health etc and not ….. shit. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Big, decent shows always have their own lights and sound. Any changes made will not impact really big shows. 

Not so much anymore. Most decent bands now might bring backline amps (or not!) and will just expect to be able to hand cables to the FoH.

17 minutes ago, loaf said:

OK, how many 'big decent shows' do you think have visited the island with their own lights and sound in the past 10 years?
Edit: 20 years, 30 years for that matter.

I don’t know the answer to that question but I imagine if the Villa Gaiety have decent sound and light’s facilities in situ it would negate the need for such stuff to be transported over the Irish Sea.

Saving on carbon footprints and that sort of stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Because we need to prioritize spending on front line services that are of value to us all like health etc and not ….. shit. 

A lot of people use attending concerts, events, festivals as something to focus on while their day to day life might not be so great.

"Just get me to the end of this week and then I go to see that comedian at the Gaiety, or I can camp out at the Full Moon Festival with my mates, or I watch my kids perform at the Guild..."

The arts means a lot to a lot of people and their wellbeing and mental health. I'm sorry that doesn't include you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, loaf said:

A lot of people use attending concerts, events, festivals as something to focus on while their day to day life might not be so great.

A lot of people get cancer and heart disease and find the whole system massively underfunded. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

5 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

A lot of people get cancer and heart disease and find the whole system massively underfunded. 

So maybe we should cut funding from things that don't improve a single person's lives (Liverpool landing stage, new boat, MHKs) and increase taxes.

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes they do.

But those people still enjoy going to concerts, events festival etc.

Like the rest of us it adds to their enjoyment of life

A predictable response from someone’s whose forum posts appear to always support a failed health minister. I’d guess 99% of taxpayers would prioritize a £1.6M investment in health services over a £1.6M investment in some stage lights. 

4 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

A predictable response from someone’s whose forum posts appear to always support a failed health minister. I’d guess 99% of taxpayers would prioritize a £1.6M investment in health services over a £1.6M investment in some stage lights. 

If everything was so black and white as your world appears to be.

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the NHS is underfunded.
I do disagree with the notion that we must ransack and defund everything you don't personally find useful in your life to fix that problem.

• Like 3

I can remember Robin Gibb being a tad annoyed at the Villa sound system as far back as the noughties, it's always been cheap crap. In fact the whole set up there is creaking and relying on worn out laptops and bollocks. The fact is, it's run by a government department and suffers from the all the usual unhelpfulness and take it or leave it attitudes! 

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s a lot of nurses salaries though when we can’t even provide acceptable levels of healthcare. I’m sure if you asked, 99% of IOM taxpayers would prefer £1.6M to be spent on the NHS than some new lights on a little used venue. 

Im sure the acoustic and lighting at both the Gaiety and Villa Marina aren’t brilliant and not ‘up to standards’ as IOMG keep spouting, but these venues keep operating. If these systems are so poor why don’t both venues closed. I would say that the systems may not be up to the requisite modern standards, but would be adequate. The upgrade whilst welcome, is systemic of IOMG splurging priorities. Spending on the Gaiety and Villa Marina will result in another IOMG service being deprived of funding.