Surprise! OHR investigation recommends over 50 new jobs

Cueey Lewis And The News

What we need is to employ 5 of the people that lord sugar has on his payroll. You know the ones that don't pull the punch's when talking to the fuckwit's, would be worth paying them a million each just to come on board for six months and seeing what they make of each department. No doubt two days per department should be enough to see if competence and value abound.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

What we need is to employ 5 of the people that lord sugar has on his payroll. You know the ones that don't pull the punch's when talking to the fuckwit's, would be worth paying them a million each just to come on board for six months and seeing what they make of each department. No doubt two days per department should be enough to see if competence and value abound.

It sounds exactly how you’d have expected it to sound. Poorly trained staff, failure to automate processes, all relying on a few key people protecting their own jobs, a total lack of internal communication. And we suggest employing 50 more of the same numpties!

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

image.png.75542813a547f51be4fe9894c2b8e17c.png

What this table shows is that the OHR is not purely a HR function.

You have 8.5 working in Health, Safety and Welfare.  In most organisations this would be a HSE department.

You have 9.5 working in Occupational Health.  Some organisations outsource this but others do have it internally depending on size and industry.

So we have 18 roles which are not always HR roles included in the headcount.

16 people working in Payroll who I suspect look after all the Government payrolls.

I imagine the 20 people in Talent and Acquisition also work across the Government. 

It does look overkill on first look but I suspect it makes more sense when you break it down than it does at first look.

If you took the organisation I work for as a comparison and included the same roles as that table you would be looking at 9.5 "HR" jobs for 270 people.  That does include Occupational Health which is outsourced.  

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I imagine the 20 people in Talent and Acquisition also work across the Government.

These 20 have failed massively and should be the first to walk. State three words to them, "Spake", "Reynolds" and "Black" and get them to clear their desks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, b4mbi said:

8000 employees - means 112, so in other words, should be able to manage with current staffing levels.

Will wait for the full @Roger Mexico analysis but I'd be inclined to agree...

Research from the report suggests that the average ratio of HR staff to employee should be 1.4:100, taking into account customer headcount, organisational and caseload capacity. However, there was said to be no acknowledgement in OHR of the complexities, as the number of staff is based solely on headcount. As a result f the current resourcing of teams, the report highlights the inconsistency in service provision and a degree of inequity among teams. It was reported at the time of review, the ratio ranged from 1:285 to 1:449

(Emphasis mine), say 1:300 would put CS staff at 35000 based on the 117 FTE, which is obviously miles off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

These 20 have failed massively and should be the first to walk. State three words to them, "Spake", "Reynolds" and "Black" and get them to clear their desks.

No wonder Alf and Comin wanted to keep the report under wraps until  there was a bad news day to release it ,  it just reeks of empire building and jobs for the boys , as a former employment agency executive it would be very interesting to know what Alf's opinion really was especially if he wasn't in Government but on the back benches , 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Omobono said:

No wonder Alf and Comin wanted to keep the report under wraps until  there was a bad news day to release it ,  it just reeks of empire building and jobs for the boys , as a former employment agency executive it would be very interesting to know what Alf's opinion really was especially if he wasn't in Government but on the back benches , 

Elsewhere online it’s been suggested that they wanted to wait until April as by then most of the 54 would have been recruited and it would be a case of tough shit by the time Tynwald found out. It’s how the civil servants work.

HR were asked to assist a friend of mine to prepare his CV after he was made redundant by IoMG. 

An absolutely pathetic attempt, they had no idea of the job which he did, the qualifications he had, his education, what his achievements were. Worse, they couldn't be bothered to ask and thought the slipshod attempt was somehow acceptable. It was as if a school kid had tried to do it with no idea whatsoever!

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Elsewhere online it’s been suggested that they wanted to wait until April as by then most of the 54 would have been recruited and it would be a case of tough shit by the time Tynwald found out. It’s how the civil servants work.

time for someone in Tynwald to move a  suspension of new civil servants appointments unless justified  by a specific minister , that way someone will be accountable  and answerable to Tynwald,     and following the grant thornton report  I get the feeling   this would be supported , 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Omobono said:

time for someone in Tynwald to move a  suspension of new civil servants appointments unless justified  by a specific minister ,

I agree. Unfortunately these are justified by an external review by Grant Thornton. If Claire Christian is reading she should be asking what the terms of reference for that review was and what Grant Thorntons expertise in HR are. 

• Like 1