A couple of questions for IoM Post's Chairman

Katman

5 hours ago, Banker said:

For anyone interested in guaranteeing next day delivery or money back saw this posted

Special Delivery

With our guaranteed service, Special Delivery, your urgent, high value or perishable items are in safe hands. 

Special Delivery -  Next Day 

The benefits of using Special Delivery - Next Day are:

• Same day dispatch* for all items posted on a weekday via a scheduled airline
  • 9am or 1pm guarantee^
  • Full online tracking
  • Signature on delivery
  • £2500 compensation as standard for items to be posted outside the Isle of Man.
  • £50 for items to be posted within the Isle of Man.
  •  

Based on those compensation levels, I'm trying to work out whether they have great confidence in the local posties, or none whatsoever.

At least we don't have the Horizon computer system. Every cloud.

I tried that (speaking in a Chris Eubank voice, see post 2 above) but it didn't make me feel any better, and our yellow lab looked at me with a furrowed brow.

I can't understand how I am just about a lone voice here. I can only say that we have had an excellent mail service link to UK for such a long time that it has been taken for granted.

"Well, what's an extra day, day and a half?"

Well we'll see.

Edited by Casta
Clarity

Well, I would just like to report that our business is now relocated (see my IP addresses if they are visible on this forum) to what we believe is the centre for our business in UK. Isle of Man has been great but for us it really is now a remote backwater. We tried but recently instead of accolades for our service we became 3rd rate due to our customers receiving supplies unbelievably slower than our competitors. Yes I understand recent weather was extreme, but our customers did not. Ironic that the mail service would have had fewer if any delays over this period, as on a number of occasions the boat was cancelled I hopped on EasyJet.

Isle of Man, it's been great, a real buzz, beautiful scenery (there's not a glen we haven't explored), and the scuba was outstanding. But as the 1960s Tourist Board film said at the end as the family boarded the boat and left Douglas Bay "Goodbye Isle of Man, Goodbye".

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2