Living hope new church

Banker

11 minutes ago, HeteroErectus said:

The living hope is a crock of shit, but..

Their top dog is paid £66k. Their members pay by choice.

Times that amount by 24, and add the threat of punishment for not donating taxes, welcome to democracy!!

Exactly.  Nobody is forced or hoodwinked into donating for this they know exactly what they donated to.

Its not my thing at all,  it the people I know who are involved are successful business types who could probably drop a six figure sum into this without noticing.  I don’t see an issue despite some very strange people making very strange comments on the social media news sites about people being “duped” etc.

Doesn’t harm me. Creates work for local businesses and turns an ugly and empty building into something useful and more attractive.

Win win

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Its not my thing at all,  it the people I know who are involved are successful business types who could probably drop a six figure sum into this without noticing.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/third-louis-group-director-disqualified-220007

Their Pastors are successful business types too.... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

I don’t think that’s entirely true. “Forced at gunpoint” probably not, but if you don’t pay your tithes then you get ostracised and ultimately thrown out.

It’s the same with all cults.

That is nothing to do with the voluntary contributions to the church building fund being discussed here though.  It’s completely different.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HeteroErectus said:

The living hope is a crock of shit, but..

Their top dog is paid £66k. Their members pay by choice.

Times that amount by 24, and add the threat of punishment for not donating taxes, welcome to democracy!!

They have one or two members that provide substantial financial support for projects such as this, by that I mean well into 6 figures. It's their choice. Tythe or no tithe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

That is nothing to do with the voluntary contributions to the church building fund being discussed here though.  It’s completely different.

“Voluntary”. LOL. When the cult leader asks everyone to chip in, you bloody well chip in. Because if you don’t you’ll be sent to Coventry (literally and or figuratively, depending on how bad you’ve been).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

“Voluntary”. LOL. When the cult leader asks everyone to chip in, you bloody well chip in. Because if you don’t you’ll be sent to Coventry (literally and or figuratively, depending on how bad you’ve been).

Any evidence to back this up?  What consequences are there for those who haven’t chipped into this new building fund.

As Andy Onchan says above, and as I think is probably the case these will be a small number of significant donations to make up the amount required.  They haven’t raised half a million quid in such a short time from lots of smaller donations 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Any evidence to back this up?  What consequences are there for those who haven’t chipped into this new building fund.

As Andy Onchan says above, and as I think is probably the case these will be a small number of significant donations to make up the amount required.  They haven’t raised half a million quid in such a short time from lots of smaller donations 

If you say so Johnathan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I'm setting up 'Living Pope Church Isle of Man' if anyone is interested in joining. It's based on the idea that if there is a living pope in place in the Vatican you'll be expected to pay your tithe and your faith will be graced by God with thanks.

PM me for details

Will your pastors' salaries be on par with living hope's? If so, when are auditions? I do a pretty mean sermon.  

• Haha 3