Living hope new church

Banker

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

So it is writ! 

I do not believe that God exists. But if there was some omnipotent sentient entity with sufficient power to create the universe I cannot conceive of how such entity would require, or have, a gender. Were there a God, the correct term would be ‘it’ not ‘him’. Clearly this would be disappointing for those religions  which subjugate women to second class status - I’m looking at you Islam- where a hairy, masculine, broad-shouldered he-God would be de rigueur. Indeed, if it is mandatory for God to reflect that description, then it’s clearly Odin. 

Just now, Two-lane said:

That is why there are no more Hollywood biblical epics. The only person who had the presence and charisma to play God was Charlton Heston. So who would they get to play the part of God now? Angelina Jolie? Don't think so.

Helen Mirren. 

3 minutes ago, Vaaish said:

I do not believe that God exists. But if there was some omnipotent sentient entity with sufficient power to create the universe I cannot conceive of how such entity would require, or have, a gender. Were there a God, the correct term would be ‘it’ not ‘him’. Clearly this would be disappointing for those religions  which subjugate women to second class status - I’m looking at you Islam- where a hairy, masculine, broad-shouldered he-God would be de rigueur. Indeed, if it is mandatory for God to reflect that description, then it’s clearly Odin. 

Believe me, I am not religious.  The posts above are meant to emphasise the absurdity of it all. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

That is why there are no more Hollywood biblical epics. The only person who had the presence and charisma to play God was Charlton Heston. So who would they get to play the part of God now? Angelina Jolie? Don't think so.

Catherine Tate

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

But almost all Christian do cherry-picking, as otherwise we would still have slavery in society and consider it acceptable

But we still do have slavery in society, and if they are from they are Filipino working in care homes then it is seen as acceptable.

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Believe me, I am not religious.  The posts above are meant to emphasise the absurdity of it all. 

I realise that Gladys. I apologise therefore if my attempt at tongue in cheek humour failed to land!

5 minutes ago, Vaaish said:

I realise that Gladys. I apologise therefore if my attempt at tongue in cheek humour failed to land!

The failure is on my part, don't worry.  However, given that neither of us believe on the tripe, a discussion on the sex of the thing we font velieve in seems a bit pointless! :flowers:

• Like 1

There is an interesting article in the Times comments section today. The writer makes the point that now the UK is atheist in majority the expectation that rational, evidence based thinking should prevail has sadly not happened. Instead people seem to want to believe all sorts of conspiracy theory crap. Anti vaccers, climate change deniers and much more rubbish.