Living hope new church

Banker

26 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Will your pastors' salaries be on par with living hope's? If so, when are auditions? I do a pretty mean sermon.  

You're in. £100k per annum, private healthcare and free use of the gym/lockable cellar 

ETA: Company car

130304135230-popemobile-2010.jpg

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Haha 5

I'm not a fan of religion at all, but a lot of people do get comfort and support from it.

I know a couple of members of this church and they are quite cagey on detailing what it costs them financially, but there is no doubt that they've bought into it hook line and sinker. One in particular is only able to get through the rigours of life through their support so it must do some good for some people? 

Living hope, the church that love bombs new people….gets them under cult like control…..expels anyone who dares to question…..lies to their own congregation about what really happened (bearing in mind they have got rid of the people so no other side)…. Buys a house for their lead pastor who travels endlessly to other parts of the world…the house was to be used as a base to house training and visitors so was sold as a part church building even though it’s not seemingly used like that….was part bought a house in port Erin when he first came over to port st mary baptist church…..supported by port st Mary church… moved to a bigger house in port st mary and and without sharing a lot more Lots of leadership left and trustees were virtually disintegrated, business status changed etc ….

jeepers you could go on and on and on and on, did I mention Louis group… one pastor is related to another (brother in law) and was brought over to join in the party, neither studied theology.

im amazed they have lasted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Any evidence to back this up?  What consequences are there for those who haven’t chipped into this new building fund.

As Andy Onchan says above, and as I think is probably the case these will be a small number of significant donations to make up the amount required.  They haven’t raised half a million quid in such a short time from lots of smaller donations 

They will be sent to Hell and suffer eternal damnation.

38 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I know a couple of members of this church and they are quite cagey on detailing what it costs them financially, but there is no doubt that they've bought into it hook line and sinker. One in particular is only able to get through the rigours of life through their support so it must do some good for some people?

It’s a little chicken and egg. Cults operate by pushing people away from other sources of support and so, yes, in many cases the cult will be the only way people will get through life. You see it so often with all these cults, not just Living Hope but the likes of UCKG. 

As for costs, it tends to be a flat 10% or flat 15% of all income as the tithe, but then you get all these extra requests on top. And woe betide people who don’t chip in for a great cause like a new house for the cult leader.

Edited by Ringy Rose
Typos
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Living hope, the church that love bombs new people….gets them under cult like control…..expels anyone who dares to question…..lies to their own congregation about what really happened (bearing in mind they have got rid of the people so no other side)…. Buys a house for their lead pastor who travels endlessly to other parts of the world…the house was to be used as a base to house training and visitors so was sold as a part church building even though it’s not seemingly used like that….was part bought a house in port Erin when he first came over to port st mary baptist church…..supported by port st Mary church… moved to a bigger house in port st mary and and without sharing a lot more Lots of leadership left and trustees were virtually disintegrated, business status changed etc ….

jeepers you could go on and on and on and on, did I mention Louis group… one pastor is related to another (brother in law) and was brought over to join in the party, neither studied theology.

im amazed they have lasted.

They cater to people guaranteed to have poor critical reasoning abilities.

It's like scam emails being intentionally obvious so they don't waste time on intelligent people.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm not a fan of religion at all, but a lot of people do get comfort and support from it.

You could say the same about alcohol. Better would be good availability of counselling services.

7 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Exactly.  Nobody is forced or hoodwinked into donating for this

Well actually they tell people that they must engage in 'sacrificial giving' meaning that they should sacrifice things they had saved up for  like home improvements or a family holiday and instead give them the money, basically you get shamed /  judged for doing things which would benefit your family over the directors getting a free house / church etc even if you already tithe. Personally I think that's no different than a con man taking your life savings, but you seem cool with it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Kind of agree. 

Though it usually seems like a quick patch up in place of a social care system that actually deals with people's trauma (often left over from childhood). 

• Like 1