Living hope new church

Banker

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

The Louis Group owners are/were fundamental nutters.  Not sure if they are Living Hope but certainly upset many who lost their life savings.

Very strong links to Living Hope indeed.  One of the disqualified directors, Rousseau Moss, was actually a pastor in the church (there's a lot of other interesting info in that MF topic) and another of them, Lukas Nakos, still seemed linked via the Four12 Global bit.  There were other links as well if you root around for them.

8 hours ago, Tinpot said:

Does anyone have actual first hand experience of seeing this lot ruin someone’s life, or is it all based on hearsay?

I know a few members and to be honest they are normal and sane people.  Cant say they have ever tried to convert anyone or get ask anyone to become members.

On the first point - yes. A friend and his wife were both members. Their marriage went through a bad patch, and he asked for support - they basically told him to fuck off. The wife was treated well by LH.

I've worked with a few members of this organistaion and I've never had any issue with them trying to convert me. My real concern is that so many of them are so young - a generation that I would have thought would have a wider view on the realities of life, etc 

Edited by kevster
typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Very strong links to Living Hope indeed.  One of the disqualified directors, Rousseau Moss, was actually a pastor in the church (there's a lot of other interesting info in that MF topic) and another of them, Lukas Nakos, still seemed linked via the Four12 Global bit.  There were other links as well if you root around for them.

Lukas Nakos was an off the scale evangelical nutjob. One of the original foot soldiers of this was also a guy called Peter Van Rooyen who died a good way back. He was the one caught with a load of virtual slaves living in his garage. He and the Louis’ were the first wave of evangelical South African lunatics in the late 1990’s. 

19 hours ago, Tinpot said:

Anybody?  Any actual real world examples that you have actually seen and witnessed with your own eyes and that you swear on a loved ones life as being completely factual?

There must be some for all the hate that is spouted towards them?

Yep. Guy owned a project management business. Was an elder in the church. They were told to teach an Old Testament ‘if you child is disrespectful you should beat them with a rod’ verse to their home group. Long story short - he refused as he thought they may take it seriously and literally. He was ostracised and bullied out of the church. Was bullied on social media and via email. Was called the devil. He sold up and left the island. 

another example - lady I know got divorced. Friends for her to join, she did. It wasn’t for her. She left politely. She was then ignored by her previously good friends and lost a big part of her support network. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

Yep. Guy owned a project management business. Was an elder in the church. They were told to teach an Old Testament ‘if you child is disrespectful you should beat them with a rod’ verse to their home group. Long story short - he refused as he thought they may take it seriously and literally. He was ostracised and bullied out of the church. Was bullied on social media and via email. Was called the devil. He sold up and left the island. 

another example - lady I know got divorced. Friends for her to join, she did. It wasn’t for her. She left politely. She was then ignored by her previously good friends and lost a big part of her support network. 

They clearly were not her friends in this case.