Living hope new church

Banker

9 hours ago, HiVibes said:

For all shitty hand in the air pop derivative sing alongs, the actual dogma of Living Hope is far more regressive than the other churches, hardly modern, you certainly won't find a woman in a position of power. 

You say 'regressive' but the bible does seem to point out how women cannot be church leaders.  They can't minister to men but only teach to woman and children.  They have a different role in society.

You might call it regressive but if it's thought to be the word of God then it's morally correct. 

I think it's weird how woman are ministers when the bible seems to say it is wrong. 

The Church of England now push direct debits and have card machines on the door as well as open, shame oriented, collection plates but it does not ask for a percentage although frequently begging talks at services.   The way it is going with all religions it is money first religion later they have forgotten the parable of the widows mite apparently.   

13 hours ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

You say 'regressive' but the bible does seem to point out how women cannot be church leaders.  They can't minister to men but only teach to woman and children.  They have a different role in society.

You might call it regressive but if it's thought to be the word of God then it's morally correct. 

I think it's weird how woman are ministers when the bible seems to say it is wrong. 

You are obviously a biblical literalist, which neither mainstream UK christianity nor Living Hope are, though the latter will tell you they are.

4 hours ago, HiVibes said:

You are obviously a biblical literalist, which neither mainstream UK christianity nor Living Hope are, though the latter will tell you they are.

I am not a biblical literalist.  I'm an atheist.  But a Christian who is literalist is just as much of a Christian who is not.  There is no true Christian.  Yet I would have that those who adhere more closely to the bible probably have better claim to be Christian, as what else do they have except the Bible. If they disregard parts of it, even because of modern societal morals then that's seems to be cherry-picking.

But almost all Christian do cherry-picking, as otherwise we would still have slavery in society and consider it acceptable