Juan Watterson wants to rush another capital project.

Holte End

21 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

This is a much needed project and needs to be prioritised it comes into the news every couple of years and then melts away.   When questioned regarding if it was to have a swimming pool Julie Edge wasn’t sure she obviously has not studied the plans in detail, unbelievable or is it ?   The children from the South deserve better and the longer they drag their collective feet the more it will cost.   Good on Juan I hope he gets things moving it would be great if this government achieved at least one thing of note in their tenure and time is running out.

That's what Harmer said about the Liverpool Landing Stage and the Promenade, lets get things moving and both came to a big stop.

Edited by Holte End
  • Sad 1

I've never been into Castle Rushen High School, but I heard that it is well maintained and not lacking in anything? It was put to me that this was a 'vote fishing exercise' by an MHK who didn't get re-elected anyway? Now it has got a life of its own and before we know it, the south of the island will be seeking independence from the rest of us in protest!

St Ninian's and Ramsey Grammar are surely a lot older, even perhaps Ballakermeen? Where is is all going to end? There's quite a few quite adequate schools, admittedly quite old, been demolished to satisfy some hair brained jealousy, to be replaced by more modern buildings, which don't offer much more than the buildings they replaced!     

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've never been into Castle Rushen High School, but I heard that it is well maintained and not lacking in anything? It was put to me that this was a 'vote fishing exercise' by an MHK who didn't get re-elected anyway? Now it has got a life of its own and before we know it, the south of the island will be seeking independence from the rest of us in protest!

St Ninian's and Ramsey Grammar are surely a lot older, even perhaps Ballakermeen? Where is is all going to end? There's quite a few quite adequate schools, admittedly quite old, been demolished to satisfy some hair brained jealousy, to be replaced by more modern buildings, which don't offer much more than the buildings they replaced!     

Well the south MHKs are much better at single issue lobbying then other areas hence the pressure for the £40m project 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Man admits never being in the building but yet knows that the building doesn’t need replacing. Also man believes everything revolves around Douglas. 

Probably one of those taxi drivers who refuses to drive out of Douglas. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Man admits never being in the building but yet knows that the building doesn’t need replacing. Also man believes everything revolves around Douglas. 

Probably one of those taxi drivers who refuses to drive out of Douglas. 

Well, if some of the recent Douglas schools which were demolished are anything to go by, then I wouldn't need to go into the building would I? And as I said, what about Ramsey Grammar school, I have at least seen Castle Rushen from outside and it looks more recent than any of the others I mentioned. Where did I mention that everything revolves around Douglas?  

18 hours ago, Holte End said:

That's what Harmer said about the Liverpool Landing Stage and the Promenade, lets get things moving and both came to a big stop.

Are you suggesting that if the CR school project is rushed through, it will start another pandemic? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

You could never call this project rushed through it has been on the cards for ages and for someone who has never been in the school to pass comment…well really that says it all.

No it doesn't, nobody has actually stated what the supposed issues are with the CRHS building, all I can hear are cries of 'we need a new school' but nothing to substantiate that. Can the existing building  brought up to spec, like others have been, or is it falling down and a danger to life and limb?

This all began when there was a glut of new schools, Henry Bloom Noble and Bermahague Schools were announced, a building to relieve the pressure on St Ninians. Then it sounded like 'Oh we want a new school in the South too!'

• Sad 1