Juan Watterson wants to rush another capital project.

Holte End

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Castle Rushen is awful. Parts of the building are in a shocking state. Investment was desperately needed years ago. 

Well, that's a serious maintenance issue, that should be rectifiable? 

To be fair, I heard that when this was first proposed a survey was carried out on the school and it was determined that there was nothing seriously wrong which couldn't be put right, and that the facilities were fine? That is probably why this has been kicked down the road for so long and an unwillingness to rectify the faults has developed! 

5 hours ago, Zarley said:

Are you suggesting that if the CR school project is rushed through, it will start another pandemic? 

The Liverpool landing stage started the pandemic, I thought it was a laboratory in Wuhan. I think the Speaker should stick to his Manx radio cameo's,  https://www.facebook.com/ManxRadio/videos/888547946111902  

Edited by Holte End

40 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I went to Ballakermeen over 70 years ago and went back recently to a concert and could not believe how little it had changed, obviously it has had remedial work done but it just looked the same to me.

it has had major changes ,since you were there   over twice as many students there now as in your day , average  1700 ,  no dentists , school nurse /Doctor , no engineering metalwork , no woodwork , very little domestic science ,students having to carry everything around with them ,  poor attendance  and behaviour , incidents of drugs and bullying , poor discipline  and many students suffering from  obesity , when you were there children were given malt and free milk to supplement their poor diet ,   you have to ask are we preparing young people  with the right skills for a 55 years working life ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gizo said:

Not according to a taxi driver who’s never entered the building. 

If you're referring to me, I've never driven a Taxi and get your facts right, I stated right away that I'd never been in the place, other than the changing rooms for a rugby match. What I have stated is on good authority, from two people who would know.  

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

All the secondary schools with  the exception of QE2 ,  bemahague (St Ninians 2) need major investment or replacement   if we cant invest in our children's education or  future , the isle of man  is quickly becoming a backwater , 

They certainly need to knock King Williams College down by your logic then?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If you're referring to me, I've never driven a Taxi and get your facts right, I stated right away that I'd never been in the place, other than the changing rooms for a rugby match. What I have stated is on good authority, from two people who would know.  

Having been on the sauce all afternoon, he’s probably asleep by now 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Well of course I am. Try speaking to some students, teachers, headmaster, MHKs, but some half wit taxi driver knows the lot. 

3 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Well of course I am. Try speaking to some students, teachers, headmaster, MHKs, but some half wit taxi driver knows the lot. 

What gives you the impression that I drive a taxi? I may be a half wit, granted, but you seem to have me confused with someone who actually does drive a taxi? 

• 3 weeks later...

In respect of schools in the South, I note the Buchan is moving to King Bills and the site will be sold (letter to parents). The letter is of course bullshit and merely reflects the economic reality of the situation.

I wonder what is to become of the Buchan site and how many houses they can squeeze on it.

Basically the relocate IOM strategy realistically is, Health Service is struggling, Schools are struggling for development cash, even private ones. Swimming pools are underfunded feel free to add more woes !

And in the meantime some politicos priorities appear to be the xxxxxxx horse trams ! FFS

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1