Largest dispensing pharmacy on the island - run by robots

CrazyDave

It’ll be interesting to watch this one and see what happens.  Assuming that they won’t be manufacturing: they’ll be subject to the same procurement, distribution and transport issues as all the other pharmacies on the island.   And sitting on a large stock of relatively expensive goods with expiry dates carries its own risk for any business.

24 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Lot going on with this proposal. The wholesaling side with delivery  to the smaller Pharmacies could be useful but visiting Balthane to pick up a personal prescription? Not  so likely?

Hemenslys on Windsor rd, a wonderful Pharmacy, owner operated and three  lovely staff. All paying tax and NI, what's wrong with that?

Sure they maybe putting pills in bags but also a counter, friendly, service with a Human Being, valuable.

and they are 100% RELIABLE   and more important  know their customers and go out of their way to be helpful to some of the more vunerable  in our society 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

It’ll be interesting to watch this one and see what happens.  Assuming that they won’t be manufacturing: they’ll be subject to the same procurement, distribution and transport issues as all the other pharmacies on the island.   And sitting on a large stock of relatively expensive goods with expiry dates carries its own risk for any business.

I’m sure the multi millionaire serial entrepreneur Roger Raatgever doesn’t really need lessons in how to found a business and will be well aware of all those risks. If they’re successful a single supply chain for Manx Care and the retail pharmacies will reduce costs and improve service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Lot going on with this proposal. The wholesaling side with delivery  to the smaller Pharmacies could be useful but visiting Balthane to pick up a personal prescription? Not  so likely?

Hemenslys on Windsor rd, a wonderful Pharmacy, owner operated and three  lovely staff. All paying tax and NI, what's wrong with that?

Sure they maybe putting pills in bags but also a counter, friendly, service with a Human Being, valuable.

Agree with you but there’s more than 3 lovely staff in there . Great pharmacy . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

I’m sure the multi millionaire serial entrepreneur Roger Raatgever doesn’t really need lessons in how to found a business and will be well aware of all those risks. If they’re successful a single supply chain for Manx Care and the retail pharmacies will reduce costs and improve service.

Great.   Let's see...

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Bit of a Gamble tho'???

what are odds tho'???

Roger who it looks like owns 40% of the business has made shit loads of cash out of Microgaming and by shit loads I mean absolutely shit loads. I doubt the risks put him off and it looks like something you could get working in the IOM and then scale up globally. The IOM is probably a good test bed. I would have thought they’d have done their research very well and know all the risks to do with expiry of use by dates etc. 

8 minutes ago, Mouthpiece said:

Roger who it looks like owns 40% of the business has made shit loads of cash out of Microgaming and by shit loads I mean absolutely shit loads. I doubt the risks put him off and it looks like something you could get working in the IOM and then scale up globally. The IOM is probably a good test bed. I would have thought they’d have done their research very well and know all the risks to do with expiry of use by dates etc. 

That's what it looks like, a test for later scaling. Let's hope it is successful and some of the employment resulting from any scaling benefits the island.