Laxey Wheel visitors centre

CallMeCurious

1 hour ago, slinkydevil said:

A drop in the £15 admission charge.

Or at least some update in the displays and facilities for that £15. I was there in the summer for £13.50 per head I think and some of it was looking sorry.

Earlier this year I made a point in jest about Charles Guard delivering an "Annual Festive Bollocking".

To be honest, the fact that he's a respected broadcaster and historian, but also is clearly well versed in all aspects of media production, narrative and even writes a musical score to underpin his message, he probably has more political clout than any of our MHKs or MLCs in what he does. Long may his missives continue.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, loaf said:

Earlier this year I made a point in jest about Charles Guard delivering an "Annual Festive Bollocking".

To be honest, the fact that he's a respected broadcaster and historian, but also is clearly well versed in all aspects of media production, narrative and even writes a musical score to underpin his message, he probably has more political clout than any of our MHKs or MLCs in what he does. Long may his missives continue.

Even if they are total bollocks?

Dont forget he is one of the people who blocked the Newsons redevelopment, which is total bollocks.

Nobody in their right mind can argue that that site is better left as it is now than redeveloped in the sympathetic way that had been proposed!

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Even if they are total bollocks?

Dont forget he is one of the people who blocked the Newsons redevelopment, which is total bollocks.

Nobody in their right mind can argue that that site is better left as it is now than redeveloped in the sympathetic way that had been proposed!

Yes it is

20 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

A drop in the £15 admission charge.

If a visiting family of four turn up there, £60 to look at what, that you can't see from the car park?

This is a bit of a failure of the island's, imagine some of what we have if it was in the USA, a proper visitor's centre with displays, history, a cafe. There's a kiss my ass attitude to just about everything, except for the pet projects of certain people.  

• Like 1