Darts

CrazyDave

With the huge upturn in darts over recent years, and with one player in particular kicking up a storm at the moment should the island be pushing ourselves as a venue more?

Luke Littler, absolute sensation at the moment and won here last year in the seniors, won the juniors in 2022 and was runner up in 2019 and 2020.

Its a sport we could fairly easily get some real momentum behind and attract visitors while also boosting the islands profile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

With the huge upturn in darts over recent years, and with one player in particular kicking up a storm at the moment should the island be pushing ourselves as a venue more?

Luke Littler, absolute sensation at the moment and won here last year in the seniors, won the juniors in 2022 and was runner up in 2019 and 2020.

Its a sport we could fairly easily get some real momentum behind and attract visitors while also boosting the islands profile.

I don't get the point. 😄😄

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You're not from around these parts are you?:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes I know.. It could, and should be a much bigger event with a real ambition for us to get more and greater events here in the future.

The attention and the visitors the Ally Pally, Winter gardens etc get these days is massive.

It seem like a fairly low cost, and easy to target market to me

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

I said in my opening post that this event exists and the Luke Littler won it last year? What are you on about?

The event has been running since around 89, what do you think they should do to make it bigger?

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

The event has been running since around 89, what do you think they should do to make it bigger?

Advertise it more.  Offer better packages. Compliment it with other events. Try and get more media coverage. Offer incentives for more big names to come over.  Increase the prize money. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

He’s alluding to the fact it already fucking exists 

As I did, in my first post you clown.

Is it impossible to make something bigger and better when something is right in the public eye.

Should we just always accept what we have and never look at way to improve or capitalise on current trend?

Idiot.

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Advertise it more.  Offer better packages. Compliment it with other events. Try and get more media coverage. Offer incentives for more big names to come over.  Increase the prize money. 

Get Saudi Wealth funds to buy FC Isle of Man - Premier League every week- unfortunately my plan is as simple yet sadly flawed in basics as yours

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Get Saudi Wealth funds to buy FC Isle of Man - Premier League every week- unfortunately my plan is as simple yet sadly flawed in basics as yours

It was a topic for discussion in a local topic board where I would hazard a guess some people are unaware of the popularity of the sport, and the fact that we have something already there we could build on, what with the man/child who is right now the hottest property in the sport being the reigning champion.

Anyway.  Enjoy your evening.  I am watching the darts with millions of others. enjoying a beer and just musing as to whether we as an island could capitalise more of a sport where we have a really good venue.

Maybe we should just all sit and accept everything exactly as it is?

Edited by CrazyDave