An ‘Uncomfortable and Distressing’ Environment HSCC.

Holte End

well this isn't going to do Hoopers chances of being re elected any good , I think Mrs Bakers  standing and reputation in the northern community  is much more credible  than Hoopers ,  sadly he has become arrogant ,and will not listen , 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Already covered in "IOM DHSC & MANX CARE" thread.

There is so much wrong with Health under Mr Hooper that I thought this deserved it own thread, as you seem to lose focus when reading all the different problems.

• Like 5

Someone has been joshing that, if the DOI was a pooch it would struggle to find a lamp post to spray on, but the joke can equally apply to other Departments too e.g., DHSC/MC. 

Any poor performance is being accentuated by the lack of accountability by those in political power - the IOM’s politicians don’t like to be held responsible for the operations of the Departments they are (in theory) governing. The excuse that politicians are not supposed to interfere with the Departments’ work begs the ‘forever question’ as to what the IOM politicians actually ever do…

Mrs Baker:" I await with interest the (due in mid-January 2024) outcome of the investigation initiated by the Chief Minister into the complaint into bullying submitted following that meeting, where members were subjected to a “rant” (the Minister’s own word) from the Minister, as well as being shouted at by his department member colleague".

Sounds a bit like the Dr Ranson case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, code99 said:

Someone has been joshing that, if the DOI was a pooch it would struggle to find a lamp post to spray on, but the joke can equally apply to other Departments too e.g., DHSC/MC. 

Any poor performance is being accentuated by the lack of accountability by those in political power - the IOM’s politicians don’t like to be held responsible for the operations of the Departments they are (in theory) governing. The excuse that politicians are not supposed to interfere with the Departments’ work begs the ‘forever question’ as to what the IOM politicians actually ever do…

Mrs Baker:" I await with interest the (due in mid-January 2024) outcome of the investigation initiated by the Chief Minister into the complaint into bullying submitted following that meeting, where members were subjected to a “rant” (the Minister’s own word) from the Minister, as well as being shouted at by his department member colleague".

Sounds a bit like the Dr Ranson case.

Wasn’t Rob Callister the former DHSC Minister thrown under the bus, with this type of scenario? Who has conducted the investigation? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Wasn’t Rob Callister the former DHSC Minister thrown under the bus, with this type of scenario? Who has conducted the investigation? 

Good point. Re. Callister - he lost his job and he apologised...I am still unclear what for.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, code99 said:

Good point. Re. Callister - he lost his job and he apologised...I am still unclear what for.  

I am sure with Rob Callister, there were ‘issues’ with his department members? Regarding the HSCC, if the Minister is deemed by many as arrogant, surely like with the previous Minister, there will be personality clashes with the Departmental members, and possible use of inappropriate language? 

Maybe there have been issues with previous Ministers, including the Rt Hon Professor Dr David Ashford MBE. Perhaps he ticked the boxes of being a man of integrity, honesty and was liked by all, especially those serving on the HSCC? I get the impression that there is a pattern emerging of successive Ministers, and their alleged behaviour?

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, code99 said:

It was clear in the report https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-PP-0032.pdf

Also manx radio report on it https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/former-health-minister-told-to-apologise-to-tynwald/

Rob Callister  just needed to keep his mouth shut and let it go away, but left Mr Cannan with no choice but to open an investigation after his outburst in Tynwald. It is a lot like when he voted against his own motion. 

But Hooper is clearly no different in his approach to people. 

The vast majority of former teachers have spent their career being listened to because pupils have to listen to them. Whatever they say goes unchallenged. A king amongst young minds. Then they go out into the real world amongst others who have had, or are having, varied careers. The now flawed but unwavering instilled sense of importance just can't be shaken off.

• Like 4