Free tv Licence for over 75

forestboy

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Does that mean I and others should subsidise their telly when they have more disposable income than we do?

People in their late 60s with millions in the bank and equity paying nothing for a service that people under 40 don’t even use?  How does that work?

I have no issue with it being means tested, but a blanket freebie for people over a certain age is just stupid.

How are people in their late 60's getting free TV licences that are for the over 75's?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, finlo said:

How are people in their late 60's getting free TV licences that are for the over 75's?

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

My bad.  Thought it was for pensioners.

Doesnt make any difference.  I am still subsiding the ones who don’t pay.

How are you subsiding anyone if you don’t pay for a TV licence because you don’t watch live TV?

Jeez

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How are you subsiding anyone if you don’t pay for a TV licence because you don’t watch live TV?

Jeez

Who said I don’t pay for a TV license?  I said I subsided people who actually watch the stuff it pays for and who don’t pay.

Jeez

Edited by CrazyDave

2 hours ago, forestboy said:

My Licence expired on 31 December 2023.

Have not received a renewal notice or new Licence. I believe the concession has been extended to end of 2024.

Anyone else in same position?

Yes same thing happened last year. Licence arrived in the post about January 6th.

I have to admit to some selfishness in this, I haven't switch my TV on for years, I was going to cancel my licence but then realised it was free from this year!!!

I could have cancelled and not taken the Govt subsidised licence, saved the Govt the expense and then I read Daves rant above and thought, why shouldn't I antagonise Dave???

Those who can pay should...............

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I have to admit to some selfishness in this, I haven't switch my TV on for years, I was going to cancel my licence but then realised it was free from this year!!!

I could have cancelled and not taken the Govt subsidised licence, saved the Govt the expense and then I read Daves rant above and thought, why shouldn't I antagonise Dave???

Those who can pay should...............

It's always been free to listen to radio Prague.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

I watch very little BBC but happily pay for the licence just to listen to radio 4

Broadly my view also. Well except I think I should get a 1/24th discount for the 1000 - 1100 'shitdown'. 😈

Edited by Yibble

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

I have to admit to some selfishness in this, I haven't switch my TV on for years

Hey, Kopes our kid. Get off Manx fookin' Forums and start watching some TV

• Haha 1