5G - why is it taking so long for the island to get 5G?

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Well, don't know about 5G but I haven't been able to use e mails on my lap top for over a month. When I try, a message appears saying there is an ongoing problem which will shortly be fixed.

When contacted, Manx Telecom informed me that there was a glitch that they had been trying to fix but they were finding it difficult to figure out!

What hope for 5G?

Strangely, I can get e mail on my phone

Anyone who uses Manx.net gets what they deserve.  There was no justification for using that wanky email system in 2010 never mind 2024 and they have no reason to encourage people to continue to use use it when all it is for them is a massive headache in a world where people have hundreds of better options available to them.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Anyone who uses Manx Telecom gets what they deserve.  There was no justification for using that wanky system in 2010 never mind 2024 and they have no reason to encourage people to continue to use use it when all it is for them is a massive headache in a world where people have few better options available to them.

Fixed.

15 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Anyone who uses Manx.net gets what they deserve.  There was no justification for using that wanky email system in 2010 never mind 2024 and they have no reason to encourage people to continue to use use it when all it is for them is a massive headache in a world where people have hundreds of better options available to them.

People like the Manx.net name...hundreds of businesses here use it. The regulator should pile pressure on MT to maintain it properly IMO, as it's an important element of national identity and MT make £millions each year from other products from the people that use it.

Just because manx.net can be shit, doesn't mean it has to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

People like the Manx.net name...hundreds of businesses here use it. The regulator should pile pressure on MT to maintain it properly IMO, as it's an important element of national identity and MT make £millions each year from other products from the people that use it.

Just because manx.net can be shit, doesn't mean it has to be.

I actively avoid any business with a Manx.net email.

It shows they can’t work the internet properly or be arsed researching the most basic things.

Resister and use a .im domain ffs.

Davesvans@manx.net vs sales@davesvans.im. 

One looks professional and one looks clueless

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I actively avoid any business with a Manx.net email.

It shows they can’t work the internet properly or be arsed researching the most basic things.

Resister and use a .im domain ffs.

Davesvans@manx.net vs sales@davesvans.im. 

One looks professional and one looks clueless

You're obviously not Manx born.

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I don't believe that somehow. Unless it's  Foxdale then maybe.

All four grandparents Manx, as were all but one of their parents.  None from Foxdale.  All respected members of their communities back in their day.  All unfortunately no longer with us.

Same goes for both parents.

Believe what you want, but I doubt there is anyone more Manx on here.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hillside said:

Seems that the 4G system has broken as well? My iPhone cannot connect!

Mine wasn't connecting either (MT, android) so I rang the helpline and was told to enter a new APN; 'MANX' which corrected the problem. Asked when the old APN was changed but she didn't know.

• Confused 1