5G - why is it taking so long for the island to get 5G?

53 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

All four grandparents Manx, as were all but one of their parents.  None from Foxdale.  All respected members of their communities back in their day.  All unfortunately no longer with us.

Same goes for both parents.

Believe what you want, but I doubt there is anyone more Manx on here.

So why are you arguing on giving up on manx.net and not pushing for a better quality service?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So why are you arguing on giving up on manx.net and not pushing for a better quality service?

Because it’s shit, telecom don’t want to provide and there are already hundreds of better services out there.

If people keep insisting on using g it rather than the other better options that are out there, then we all pay more on our bills to subsidise a crappy service that most people don’t want.

It’s a hark back to the days when people had emails provided by their ISP.  Those days ended 15 years or more ago and most ISPs sacked them off, but because people here are backward MT would face a backlash from idiots if they just announced they were killing the service.

• Confused 1

Just now, Jarndyce said:

Are you sure you’re Manx?   You have an unusual approach, if you are…

What?  By questioning things and thinking we can do better rather than accepting the same old shit?

Yes I am Manx.  Unfortunately most manxies don’t like change and can’t see why a Manx.net email is shit compared to a proper one or a .im domain name.  Usually just because that is what they are used to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I actively avoid any business with a Manx.net email.

It shows they can’t work the internet properly or be arsed researching the most basic things.

Resister and use a .im domain ffs.

Davesvans@manx.net vs sales@davesvans.im. 

One looks professional and I’m clueless 

Fixed for accuracy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

What?  By questioning things and thinking we can do better rather than accepting the same old shit?

Yes I am Manx.  Unfortunately most manxies don’t like change and can’t see why a Manx.net email is shit compared to a proper one or a .im domain name.  Usually just because that is what they are used to

I understand that and I get it: I just don’t believe that you’ll change many hearts and minds by calling your countrymen “backward” and “idiots”…

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I understand that and I get it: I just don’t believe that you’ll change many hearts and minds by calling your countrymen “backward” and “idiots”…

They will never change, because they are backward idiots who prioritise a Manx.net email over everything else because they think it’s some sort of national pride thing.

I love the island and its people,, but anyone who thinks we need a Manx.net email over a .im domain name is the sort of person who holds the island back

Can anyone tell me one single thing a Manx.net email offers over the alternatives other than the “Manx” bit in the address?

It unreliable, clunky, doesn’t offer any functionality that isn’t offered by every other email provider in the world.

Give one valid reason for using it?  Even being free isn’t a thing because gmail is free and a thousand times better.

It’s not even Manx.  It’s just rebranded generic and shit email service.

45 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Yes I am Manx.  Unfortunately most manxies don’t like change and can’t see why a Manx.net email is shit...

Because like so many other things, they've been brainwashed into thinking it, for decades in some cases.

It's all part of the proud, independent nation bit. It's why we needed our own power station, why we need our own oversized government, why we need our own coins and notes, our own stamps. It's why we have to buy a lump of Mersey riverbank.

It doesn't matter how shit, grossly over-expensive or even unnecessary it is, as long as it's "Manx". And a part of local society and establishment relies on it to do very well out of it.

• Like 2